Vision:M: What EQ settings do you use?
Mar 31, 2006 at 12:31 PM Post #16 of 38
The bass boost does distort with the Zen Vision, it sounds muddy, bloated, and unnatural. I have weened myself off bass boost along with the custom EQ, EQ is pretty much the devil so I try not to use it as much anymore so my EQ settings are flat all across. At home though I use a 20 band Marantz Equalizer because I don't have enough cash yet to match all of my components with my headphones.

Mar 31, 2006 at 12:58 PM Post #17 of 38
So.. its EQ is like Ipod afterall... I decided to buy ZVM because I thought the EQ system will be better. If I were to buy ZVM perhaps I will use the custom EQ. Do you have other reccomendation? I am really into sound quality, I am using HD595 with PA2V2.

Mar 31, 2006 at 1:05 PM Post #18 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbintoro
So.. its EQ is like Ipod afterall... I decided to buy ZVM because I thought the EQ system will be better. If I were to buy ZVM perhaps I will use the custom EQ. Do you have other reccomendation? I am really into sound quality, I am using HD595 with PA2V2.

I'm using my ZVM with Custom EQ and it sounds bloody fantastic. The presets are pretty crappy and make sure you turn Bass Boost off because its crappy too.

But once you tweak the Custom EQ right, you'll be in aural heaven.

Mar 31, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #19 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpian007
I'm using my ZVM with Custom EQ and it sounds bloody fantastic. The presets are pretty crappy and make sure you turn Bass Boost off because its crappy too.

But once you tweak the Custom EQ right, you'll be in aural heaven.

Exactly right. Skip the bass boost, and beyond that the ZVM has an excellent and distortion-free EQ implementation (our resident ZVM-bashing duo's comments to the contrary notwithstanding.)

Mar 31, 2006 at 9:18 PM Post #28 of 38
Got my Vision:M here in england on tuesday, after my Toshiba Gigabeat packed in, and i am oustanded by the ZVM. In the past have had 2 ipods, one was replaced, one refunded and a gigabeat, and the zen is by far and away the best of the lot. I found the SAT encryption on the gigabeat seemed to affect the sound quality of my files, even though it wasnt supposed to, but i could definately hear some sibilance on my creative ep-630's, however with the Zen i play the same song, with the same headphones and there is no sibilance what so ever, and the sound is much clearer, definately a great buy,

I use a custom EQ btw to stick to the topic

Mar 31, 2006 at 10:21 PM Post #29 of 38
Ye gods folks, I'm sorry... don't know how that multiple-multiple posting occurred. If someone can tell me how to delete a post (can't find a complete 'delete' option in the edit menu...) I'll clean these up out of the thread.

Apr 1, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #30 of 38
There's an EQ on the Zen Vision: M? I did not know that. No, seriously, leave the EQ alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back