Vision M, review along with Best Skin Evers, w/ pics
Feb 18, 2006 at 1:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

jumpinjohn1234

500+ Head-Fier
Sorry I Forgot to Mention 56K warning!
*sorry I'm currently having trouble resizing my photos and editing them. So I'll try to get them all back up*

So this isn’t really much of a review, more of a picture book with captions. Anyway there are a lot of reviews of the Vision: m out there so I thought I’d post some pictures and toss some thoughts along with them. So hopefully I will also be able to answer any questions about the vision: m. Also I have a tiny review on the BSE, best skins ever for the vision: m along with some pictures. So I bought my vision m from Amazon. The vision m is finally in my possession! The box of the vision m is nice and thick. Creative packaged the vision m very well with lots of foam to protect the player and accessories. So the First thing I did was saran-wrap my vision m. Wanted to keep the player as clean and free of dust. Saran-wrap actually worked pretty well. I was waiting for my BSE to arrive in the mail. The vision m sits nicely in your hand, the weight and size feels just right. Could be thinner, but hey nobody was complaining when we all had cd players.

bb9ddecb.jpg

100_2132.jpg

So here’s the Skin for the vision: m, nicely cut out. Tips on applying the shield: Just read the directions and slap off the excess liquid so the skin is not dripping with Windex.

100_2220.jpg

100_2216.jpg

The shield came out great. If you can't get the flaps to stick down, wrap the player in paper then tape the vision :m like a mummy with tape. That really helped for me. One problem with BSE is that the cut-out for the buttons next to the scroll pad did not fit. The cut out was too big so I gave up and decided not to put it on. Overall, the cut-out and fitting wasn’t perfect, but I was satisfied. The Shield looks a lot better in person than from the pics. So how well does the vision :m protect? The visiom :m fell face first out of my pocket and onto the concert. When i checked it no scratches on the player or the shield. I tired scratching it with keys and coins. BSE holds up very well. 5 dollars for the BSE was well worth it.

100_2135.jpg

applying the shield: tray of windex, card, and shield

100_2224.jpg

The Screen is really vivid and fantastic. I also like how you can delete pictures directly from the player and set the brightness of the screen. The screen looks better in person than from the pictures. There really isnt any "jagged-ness" in pictures or movies. Video playback and vewing is all smooth.

100_2218.jpg

Movies and Photos look great. Video plays smoothly. Video transfer is surprisingly quick, video converting is slow. One thing I like about the vision :m is you can stretch the movie to fit the whole screen. Fastforward or rewind is a pain, wish there was a quicker way like the scroll wheel on the ipod.

100_2221.jpg

Overall I really like the vision :M. I spent about a month deciding between the ipod 5g or the vision :m. No regrets so far. I just hope the headphone jack doesnt screw up like on my old zen micro. I strongly recommend the vision: m to anyone.

-John

Feb 18, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #2 of 25
Nice pictures you can't really even tell that there's a shield on it. I don't like how Creative made the storage case so huge though, they did the same thing with me regular Vision's pouch. Does your M scratch easily?

Feb 18, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #4 of 25
Yea I'm wondering about the line out too. I own a vision m and there is no line-out on the mini-subpack or dock thingy that comes with the package. Now I'm wondering if the dock listed as a separate accessory on creative's website has a line-out or not. Anyone here owns one?

I'm Chinese and there is one feature I have to give thumbs up to Apple. Apple is the only player so far that handles displaying Chinese characters to perfection. I have many songs with Chinese, Japanese and sometimes even Korean in the title; iPod is the only major brand mp3 player that displays all of them accurately at the same time (thanks to conversion to unicode characters). Furthermore, iPod displays Chinese songs in order, not according to some weird ascii code, but according to pinyin! How great is that (if you know Chinese you will know how this makes finding a Chinese song much easier)! Zen is able to handle Asian characters pretty well, but it's still one tiny step behind Apple when it comes to language support. And I've always thought Creative is a more "Asian" company. Don't get me wrong though, Zen vision:m is absolutely an amazing device.

Feb 18, 2006 at 7:46 AM Post #5 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
Does your M scratch easily?

With the skin the vision m does not scatch easily. I wish i had a cover for the back, but the back is not that easy to scratch. I STRONGLY suggest that anyone who gets the vision :m to invest 5 dollars to protect your $300 dap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dskywalker

I'm Chinese and there is one feature I have to give thumbs up to Apple. Apple is the only player so far that handles displaying Chinese characters to perfection. I have many songs with Chinese, Japanese and sometimes even Korean in the title; iPod is the only major brand mp3 player that displays all of them accurately at the same time

Thats weird, one of my buddies has chinese and Japanese characters perfectly encoded and displayed on his vision :m

Feb 18, 2006 at 2:03 PM Post #6 of 25
Thanks John. Where did you get the BSE?? Got a link?? Google ain't helping me.

Is this a permanent deal or something that you can peel off? Did you look at the invisibleSHIELD as seen here:

Invisible Shield

Just wondering how these two shields compare in terms of fit and durability. You can remove these darn things if you need to can't you??
confused.gif

Feb 18, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Thanks John. Where did you get the BSE?? Got a link?? Google ain't helping me.

Is this a permanent deal or something that you can peel off? Did you look at the invisibleSHIELD as seen here:

Invisible Shield

Just wondering how these two shields compare in terms of fit and durability. You can remove these darn things if you need to can't you??
confused.gif

Its was a little hard for me to find the website too at first. One shield is 4.50, A really great deal comapred to IS 15 dollars.
http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/StoreFront
Apparently you can remove the Skin if you want to, its not permanent. I was about to buy the InvisibleShield, but saw some reviews on the BSE. Appreantly BSE's old skins were horrible but they "upgraded" the qulaity on their shields. Even though I never seen an IS, I would go for the BSE. The skin is really nice and thick and great quality. The shield was everything I expected, good quality, decent fit, and cheap!

Feb 18, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #8 of 25
Do you just spray a little windex on the adhesive side when applying so you can position it properly?

And then you just use a credit card to basically push off any excess liquid?

Feb 18, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by pmoney
Do you just spray a little windex on the adhesive side when applying so you can position it properly?

And then you just use a credit card to basically push off any excess liquid?

I actually just laid the shield with the adhesive side down in the tray full of windex. I then took it out, let it drip, slapped the shield with my fingers to let the excess drip off, then I applied it to my vision :m. I used a creditcard and taped electical-tape to the edge of the card since sometimes the rough edges on the card can move the shield aorund in the process of pushing out the bubbles. The tape really made pushing out bubbles smooth and easier.
Pushing out bubbles with my fingers worked great too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcryonicx
nice little review. Looks like a bad ass player.

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234
I actually just laid the shield with the adhesive side down in the tray full of windex. I then took it out, let it drip, slapped the shield with my fingers to let the excess drip off, then I applied it to my vision :m. I used a creditcard and taped electical-tape to the edge of the card since sometimes the rough edges on the card can move the shield aorund in the process of pushing out the bubbles. The tape really made pushing out bubbles smooth and easier.
Pushing out bubbles with my fingers worked great too.

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info. I just have to decide whether to get the invisible shield for $15 or the BSE for $6.

Feb 25, 2006 at 8:23 AM Post #14 of 25
That's odd that they didn't include a line out, it was probably meant to keep size down though, since many "normal" people will never actually use the line out. My regular vision has a line out, although it's not technically a real line out since it does get affected by the player's volume controls however, there is a line out on the dock I bought, there's no line out on the Vision M dock? Even my Gigabeat dock has one.
confused.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 11:36 AM Post #15 of 25
If Apple do announce the touchscren ipod next week Ill be getting that.

Otherwise Ill be upgrading to the Vision M (Lime Green)
icon10.gif

The screen looks awesome.

The nano just doesnt cut it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back