Vision:M... nice amp in this thing.
Feb 2, 2006 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ILikeMusic

Headphoneus Supremus
Picked up a Creative Vision:M a few days ago. The screen and video playback functions are as good as all the reports say but a very nice surprise is the audio quality that this unit can produce. Very clean, with a 5-band customer equalizer that works well, and power... testing with a set of ER6i (not exactly known for being bass monsters) reveals very solid and accurate bass, distortion free up to maximum output (which is quite high) even with some bass boost in there. Pretty impressive and I think my CMOY is going to be spending a lot of time in the drawer.

Feb 3, 2006 at 1:54 AM Post #2 of 11
That's great to hear. I was about to get the Vision:M until a specific someone shot me down. Too expensive says that person =( So I got a Zen Micro instead. I'm satisfied with it considering it's price (AUD$200 = USD$250-ish). I guess I'll just buy the next new player that comes out from Creative, hopefully with the toned down version of Xi-Fi without that person knowing
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 3, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 11
I'm afraid I can't compare to an x5 as I don't have access to one. So far I've only been able to do A-B comparisons to a Creative Zen Touch and an iPod Nano. The Touch is pretty good but the Vision:M is better, at least in terms of power with low distortion. Compared to the Nano it's no contest, the Vision:M is clearly superior (not trying to start a flame war, just reporting what I heard.) The owner of the Nano agrees with me for whatever that is worth.

I really like Etymotic products but was sniffing around elsewhere because I wanted more bass, and adding enough bass EQ to provide a good bottom end with these phones was just more than most players can handle without an external amp. But the Vision manages to pull it off... I can't believe how good the ER6i and ER4P sound with this player.

Feb 3, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #5 of 11
Is there any local store carrying this product now? I wanted to see it in person before I buy it. If it sounds good, I'm about to sell my ipod and "settle down" with the vision:m. Btw, I live in southern california.

Feb 3, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by dskywalker
Is there any local store carrying this product now? I wanted to see it in person before I buy it. If it sounds good, I'm about to sell my ipod and "settle down" with the vision:m. Btw, I live in southern california.

Fry's in Fountain Valley has one on display, and it's plugged in so you can actually play with it. Not sure about the other locations, though.

Feb 4, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #8 of 11
Any comparison between zen vision m and ipod shuffle? I've narrowed my decision to these two... shuffle for sound quality and price, zen vision for capacity, more features (and sound quality??)
thanks

Feb 4, 2006 at 1:04 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by proximal
Fry's in Fountain Valley has one on display, and it's plugged in so you can actually play with it. Not sure about the other locations, though.

Thanks, I'm going down to irvine very soon, hopefully that display unit will still be there. Unfortunately the city of industry store didn't have one on display.
mad.gif

Feb 4, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethie
That's great to hear. I was about to get the Vision:M until a specific someone shot me down. Too expensive says that person =( So I got a Zen Micro instead. I'm satisfied with it considering it's price (AUD$200 = USD$250-ish). I guess I'll just buy the next new player that comes out from Creative, hopefully with the toned down version of Xi-Fi without that person knowing
evil_smiley.gif

i have a micro too, if i could sell it i would and get the vision:m, you paid $250USD? wow, mine was $150(on sale at best buy, but still)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back