Vision M: Bass Question.
Apr 7, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #31 of 35
I just got my x5l, and I can say the BBE Mach3Bass produces very deep bass
basshead.gif
without distortion.

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

What varied responses... The Vision is great. The vision sucks. The Bass is lacking. These guys are zealots, those guys are zealots.

Par for the course, I'm afraid, regardless of the player or headphone in question. You just have to look at the entirety of comments and try to draw your own conclusion.

Quote:

Can someone recommend me other player which does not produce distortion when Bass boost is set and has a good SQ

I can... the Zen Vision:M. +8 to +12 on the EQ provides a nice clean low bass bump with zero distortion, or at least that's the result many of us have received. Of course you will see disagreement but the first lesson of Head-Fi is don't take anyone's word for anything... compare to ZVM and any other products you are looking at to the competition and see what you think, that's the only real answer. Never buy based on someone else's opinion.

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #34 of 35
It always amazes me the differences in bass perception between different people. I don’t find the Vision:M lacking in bass at all. I don’t have any iPods or iAudios to compare it to. But it is the equal (to my ears) of the Karma and the quite underated Dell DJ 20. These are 3 robust and capable DAP’s. I don't believe there is any such animal as the best of anything.

I have never heard distortion of any kind on it. Music on modern day recordings that are bass heavy, at least that I listen to, is reproduced in a magnificent manner on the :M. Using the Super Fi Pro5 or the Alessandro MS-1, my needs are satisfied

The thing is if YOU hear it. It is most definitely there. I for one will never try to tell you it is not. No need to go further. Try something else.

The subjectivity of music quality and sound quality will keep us interested in the head-Fi way of life. Let us continue to inform each other of the wide variety of all things portable. Long live head-Fi and all her funky minions.

Apr 7, 2006 at 11:39 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by pawdog
It always amazes me the differences in bass perception between different people. I don’t find the Vision:M lacking in bass at all. I don’t have any iPods or iAudios to compare it to. But it is the equal (to my ears) of the Karma and the quite underated Dell DJ 20. These are 3 robust and capable DAP’s. I don't believe there is any such animal as the best of anything.

I have never heard distortion of any kind on it. Music on modern day recordings that are bass heavy, at least that I listen to, is reproduced in a magnificent manner on the :M. Using the Super Fi Pro5 or the Alessandro MS-1, my needs are satisfied

The thing is if YOU hear it. It is most definitely there. I for one will never try to tell you it is not. No need to go further. Try something else.

The subjectivity of music quality and sound quality will keep us interested in the head-Fi way of life. Let us continue to inform each other of the wide variety of all things portable. Long live head-Fi and all her funky minions.

Good post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back