Virtualization discussion
Apr 18, 2011 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Snow_Fox

100+ Head-Fier
So I got in a new sound card today and I must say I am toying around with different settings for some interesting effects.

I noticed that putting it on "5.1" speakers makes it sound almost more like my headphones un tampered with. (discussing l4d2 here)

where as putting it on headphones makes all the sound seem a tad more distant..

the peculiar bit is how when it sounds distant it sounds more like one continous soundscape. Actually even in "5.1 speakers" mode it does as well.. however pre sound card I could tell "right vs left" headphone.. now its harder to tell which headphone is making a noise they seem to roll together almost.

At first its harder to pinpoint enemies because, it all rolls together as one.. (anyone else find its like learning to hear all over again?) I am not sure what to expect, although I'm hoping as I adjust I'll learn to pinpoint enemies better... I've noticed from headset to headset there is besides just "hearing" the game.. sometimes there is a "equalibrium" which accompanies different head phones which allows you to get a better feel in game.. be it aiming or just running some sort of obstical course..

I am wondering if anyone has similar experiences or possibly even tips for tweaking the 3d effects.

In other news.. I absolutely love having a USB soundcard.. I don't have to go behind my comp every time i want to try a different set of headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back