Virtual Dynamics Power 3 -- An initial, honest review
Jan 20, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #16 of 27
i use my power3 on my apache. it seems to work best there and easily surpasses any stock power cord i have used. i also have devised some make-shift device to support its weight, esp. near the area when the cord connects to the amp.

Jan 20, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #17 of 27
Well I thought that the source was the natural place to try it out, but after several moves to various components I had the same conclusion you did, that the amp sounded best with the Power3.

Jan 20, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I thought that the source was the natural place to try it out, but after several moves to various components I had the same conclusion you did, that the amp sounded best with the Power3.

Others with my Yamamoto HA-02 has said that this amp is very sensitive to ICs and PCs so I have one of my HA-02 connected with my Power 3. I just need two more of these cables for my other HA-02 and my Lavry. No, make that three more. no make.....

Jan 26, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #20 of 27
My computer setup has the VD Nite RCA cables between my Lavry and Yamamoto HA-02 with regular power cord. The Bettercables Silver Serpent digital is between the M-Audio and the Lavry.

My Easy chair setup has the VD Power 3 cord powering my second Yamamoto that is burning it with the Power 3 cord. This Yammy is being feed by my Beresford and Squeezebox. ICs here are optical between SB and Beresford and a Blue Jean RCA going from the Beresford to the Yamamoto.

I have to say that the Yamamoto HA-02 with the Power 3 cord has more magic than the other setup as good as it is.

Once I get my VD David digital I will have to combine my three VD cables into the Easy Chair setup along with moving the Lavry over to it so maximize this setup.

To make a short story of it: after about 160 hours on the Power 3 cord I am impressed.

Sep 5, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #21 of 27
So I wonder what the "headphoneus supremus" thinks about this:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/293165/my-cat-tore-up-my-virtual-dynamics-power-3

aaaaahahahahaha

May 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:
So I wonder what the "headphoneus supremus" thinks about this:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/293165/my-cat-tore-up-my-virtual-dynamics-power-3

aaaaahahahahaha

popcorn.gif

May 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #23 of 27
BTW, I still have 2 x Master 3.0 and 1 x Nite 3.0

I am using one on my audio-gd phoenix and the 2 others are in my closet.

They just too heavy and difficult to manage ...

VD theory is vibration impact the SQ. I have Nordost feed under my dac and it's really change the sound. So their théory have a sense. BTW, solid core is more prone to transfert vibration than multi-straind.

EACH power cable give DIFFERENT sound so take care ... you WILL hear difference in the sound using more expansive cable or less expansive. Important thing is the synergy with your own system and keep the cost relative to your gear behind.

Having Citypulse DAC 300$ with a 3000$ powercord will sound better than a 2$ stock (horrible sound). But, 2500$ dac with 300-400$ powercord have more sense for me. Add 150$ for a good wall socket !

May 21, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:
BTW, I still have 2 x Master 3.0 and 1 x Nite 3.0

I am using one on my audio-gd phoenix and the 2 others are in my closet.

They just too heavy and difficult to manage ...

VD theory is vibration impact the SQ. I have Nordost feed under my dac and it's really change the sound. So their théory have a sense. BTW, solid core is more prone to transfert vibration than multi-straind.

EACH power cable give DIFFERENT sound so take care ... you WILL hear difference in the sound using more expansive cable or less expansive. Important thing is the synergy with your own system and keep the cost relative to your gear behind.

Having Citypulse DAC 300$ with a 3000$ powercord will sound better than a 2$ stock (horrible sound). But, 2500$ dac with 300-400$ powercord have more sense for me. Add 150$ for a good wall socket 

Maybe you should have posted that in another thread/forum (eg. sound science) There hasn't been much activity in this thread lately thus the number of people viewing it remains a question.

May 25, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #25 of 27
Maybe you should have posted that in another thread/forum (eg. sound science) There hasn't been much activity in this thread lately thus the number of people viewing it remains a question.
Their cords do sound good. Still use mine though now I use it on my isolation transformer. My speaker amps are hardwired. It is like wrestling a Burmese Python.

It's in the right forum, why science? This isn't an objective issue, it's a review of a power cable. The company isn't in business anymore but for those considering one of their used cables. it still offers information and a chance for those of us still using their product to comment.

Apr 9, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #27 of 27
Hey, I'll make you a triple shielded power cable, balanced at that, for only $800, including shipping!!! You know, there's a reason this company isn't in business anymore, gullibility can only carry you so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back