Virtual Dynamics fished me right in...we shall see
Sep 20, 2002 at 6:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

fredpb

1000+ Head-Fier
Well. I really keep quiet (usually) about power cords on audio gear. But.............

That thread on the Audio Dynamics (Canada) cord for a reasonable price got me thinking.

I also have coming a Cambridge Audio D500SE cd player coming for my second system. Credit card burning again. It seems to be known for a crummy power cord.

Well I ordered the Basic Power cable for only $35. Should be ok for a 40w CD player.

So we shall see.

See guys! I do keep an open mind!
tongue.gif

Problem is, if I hear a difference...I have to upgrade a few power cords $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
eek.gif

Oct 2, 2002 at 6:03 PM Post #2 of 4
Well, got the power cable. It is mostly useless. It is far to stiff and heavy to use for the intended cd player. I can't twist it tight enough to fit in my equipment rack for any components there. The only thing I could put it on was the MG Head.

I will give that a try.

Right now. Well. No more power cord purchases unless this one sounds really good, which I doubt.

Oct 2, 2002 at 9:33 PM Post #3 of 4
Yeah, a bit of a disappointment, this one, even at its low price..the bass especially was quite boomy. I'm sending mine back tommorow, and buying a Blue Circle BC61 or Ultralink cord..

- Wasif.

Oct 3, 2002 at 2:00 AM Post #4 of 4
I dont think anyone recommended that specific power cord that you bought Fred...

Biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back