Virtual Dynamics and the speed of the light
Feb 2, 2008 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 89

furball

100+ Head-Fier
Is Virtual Dyanmics still marketing those faster than the speed of light powercords?

A while ago on audiogon, someone from Virtual Dyanmics claimed that he had a dream, in which God showed him how to construct faster than the speed of light powercords. Later on, he claimed that he actually did it.

Is Virtual Dynamics still selling these faster than light powercords? I am interested in getting one of those.

Feb 2, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #3 of 89
Nowhere on the site (that I can find) does it say speed of light technology makes the current flow faster than the actual speed of light. It is just advertised that they use earth magnets to accelerate the "energy flow."

https://www.virtualdynamics.ca/Speed-of-Light-4-0/

I don't know for sure, and I'm sure Acoustic Chef can clear this up, but the technology is just named after light to give consumers the ideal that the cord speeds up the flow of the current in the power cord.

Feb 2, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #4 of 89
That's not exactly what that person from Virtual Dynamics claimed about these powercords when he made that explosive proclaimation on audiogon a couple of years ago.

Virtual Dyanmics could have modified their position over the years.

Magnets speeding up the flow of energy. Interesting. Has he applied for any patents yet? If this is true, then he could be raking in big money from utility companies.

So how do these powercords sound?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mher6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nowhere on the site (that I can find) does it say speed of light technology makes the current flow faster than the actual speed of light. It is just advertised that they use earth magnets to accelerate the "energy flow."

https://www.virtualdynamics.ca/Speed-of-Light-4-0/

I don't know for sure, and I'm sure Acoustic Chef can clear this up, but the technology is just named after light to give consumers the ideal that the cord speeds up the flow of the current in the power cord.

Feb 2, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #5 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by furball /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is Virtual Dyanmics still marketing those faster than the speed of light powercords?

A while ago on audiogon, someone from Virtual Dyanmics claimed that he had a dream, in which God showed him how to construct faster than the speed of light powercords. Later on, he claimed that he actually did it.

Is Virtual Dynamics still selling these faster than light powercords? I am interested in getting one of those.

Wow...I am speechless.

Feb 2, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #6 of 89
If that's true (but I assume whoever would say something like that was just joking) then all I can say is:
rolleyes.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #7 of 89
Apparently a lot of people shared the same reaction in those audiogon threads.

But the all important question is, how do these powercords sound?

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow...I am speechless.

Feb 2, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #8 of 89
No, it wasn't meant to be a joke.

Now that I think about, I distinctly remember that it was actually the founder of Virtual Dynamics who made that proclaimation. He was quite serious at the time. There were long threads over at audiogon, where he vigorously defended his dream and his creation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If that's true (but I assume whoever would say something like that was just joking) then all I can say is:
rolleyes.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #10 of 89
Quote:

No, it wasn't meant to be a joke.

Now that I think about, I distinctly remember that it was actually the founder of Virtual Dynamics who made that proclaimation. He was quite serious at the time. There were long threads over at audiogon, where he vigorously defended his dream and his creation.

Poor Rick.
redface.gif
Hopefully he can come here and respond to those allegations.

Feb 2, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #11 of 89
Quote:

Apparently a lot of people shared the same reaction in those audiogon threads.

Power cords don't sound...

Feb 2, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #12 of 89
Taken directly from Virtual Dyanmics' website, speed of light section:

"The audible differences between each Level [apprently there are levels 1-4]of Speed of light is readily discerned and a quality we love to demonstrate to our customer who visit us in the process of building their cables."

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Power cords don't sound...

Feb 2, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #14 of 89
What does the speed of light have to do with the speed of electricity? Also, what does the speed of electricity matter given that most homes are wired with AC? Current is flowing both ways...

This guy's blog post about the speed of electricity is pretty interesting. He says that it comes down to the dielectric used, and with air, the "velocity factor" approaches the speed of light. Exceeding the speed of light would be pretty amazing.
tongue.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #15 of 89
Quote:

Like others have said, power cords don't sound. That is why they are called power. Power cords transfer 110 or 220 volts of AC from your wall to your component.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back