Viper4Windows
Feb 6, 2016 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

XipeTotec

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all guys,
I found out a nice xda thread esplaining how to flash viper4android on my smartphone. Someone has tried out the windows version?
This one: http://vipersaudio.com/blog/?page_id=59

Feb 18, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm trying it because I want digital correction for my headphones system wide, not just in one music player. 

I've the Sonarworks (Headphone correction) .VST plugin correction for a couple of my headphones using a VST wrapper with Foobar2000 and I really want a way to just apply it on a system level in Windows.

I can't seem to find a ".irs" (impulse) file for Sony MDR-7506 headphones, but I did find on for ATH-M50 headphones, which are what I use the most on my PC. 

So far, I've got Viper running, but I don't think it's working.  I'm on Windows 10.

Jun 23, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #4 of 4
I stumbled on this a few months late, but here goes an impression of the Viper4Windows program!

I find many of the algorithms work very well, and especially they open up the very deep bass and add gloss and shimmer to the highs. It can be overdone, but sometimes that is fun!

I purchased the eight .irs impulse file sets being sold by the author, and they are really quite impressive all by themselves, even with the other features switched off. If those are accurate, it certainly explains why people talk about different devices working "better" or "worse" with their headphones - quite a range of presentations are evident. I'm enjoying that collection quite a bit. (This is also a nice way to support the author.)

critofur,

You need to use the MME drivers for effects - Viper4Windows does not work with WASAPI. (I'm glad I noticed the author of the program mention that, as I use WASAPI for most everything else!)

From "Instructions" page.  ​

"If still no effect, check whether the music player sound output is Kernel Streaming, WASAPI or ASIO. These 3 output types do not allow add-on audio effects.​"

Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back