Violectric HPA V550 - Blue's Brother and the successor to the V281
Apr 2, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #695 of 1,057
thank god for burn in. The V550 sounded very V222 like out of the box but luckily after a couple days of burn in it’s opened up quite a bit. It’s still a bit shouty for the moment but the resolution is definitely there so more burn in for now. I actually quite like the fact that it’s a non pro, the volume is smooth and there are no disruptions in the music.

Apr 2, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #696 of 1,057
thank god for burn in. The V550 sounded very V222 like out of the box but luckily after a couple days of burn in it’s opened up quite a bit. It’s still a bit shouty for the moment but the resolution is definitely there so more burn in for now. I actually quite like the fact that it’s a non pro, the volume is smooth and there are no disruptions in the music.

I feel the same way with the V222s haha. Maybe the synergy with my Gustard is good.

Apr 2, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #697 of 1,057
I feel the same way with the V222s haha.
Exactly my experience with the V222, first noticed power, control and smoothness, then the "suppressed" highs until I realized the high frequency is there but embedded in meatier mids and bass, at least that's my feeling. At some point there was a breakthrough and the sound was right, I'm afraid my ear has adapted, less so the amplifier.

I haven't been allowed to hear the V550 yet, maybe basically similar...

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #698 of 1,057
Any comparison of the V550 (pro and non-pro) to Holo Bliss yet, I only read 1 initial impression so far he upgraded both his DAC and Amp to Spring 3 and Bliss, he said his Spring 3 is a bigger jump from his older DAC (think it's Gustard R26) than the Bliss is to the V550 Pro.

Apr 2, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #699 of 1,057
Any comparison of the V550 (pro and non-pro) to Holo Bliss yet, I only read 1 initial impression so far he upgraded both his DAC and Amp to Spring 3 and Bliss, he said his Spring 3 is a bigger jump from his older DAC (think it's Gustard R26) than the Bliss is to the V550 Pro.
I believe @KlaraKlang has both the v550 pro and the Bliss. Perhaps they can share their thoughts?

Apr 2, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #700 of 1,057
I believe @KlaraKlang has both the v550 pro and the Bliss. Perhaps they can share their thoughts?
Yup, I was referring to his impression in the Spring 3 thread, his words did soothed my soul as I got the V550 only on Jan this year, I guess if not driving Susvara V550 is still pretty much solid state end game, but still noise in the Bliss thread tempt me every now and then 🙂

Apr 2, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #701 of 1,057
The V550 is offering some really special experiences that are new to me at least. All the different elements of a recording have their own little space...not quite the same thing as airiness. I saw a reference to this in a V550 review somewhere, it's really enjoyable. Not even 50 hours on it and I can hear the money I paid for it. It's a KEEPER! Using a Merason Frerot for a DAC and they pair well, I'm just not thinking about the gear and losing myself in the music.

Apr 3, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #702 of 1,057
I would like to say and thats's very subjective, there's no big difference between Bliss and V550, the Bliss has a little more details, a little bit cleaner, the bass has more details, the V550 has a little bit more warmth in all frequencies, but all of it in a very high level, for me as ZMF User better match with Bliss.If you are using a Hifiman, V550 could be the better match, but i don't know, i have no Hifiman :wink:.
Biggest step is to change the DAC, i come from RME ADI2 changed to Holo Spring 3 KTE, it is completely a different world.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #703 of 1,057
The V550 has arrived. Knowing this thread as I do the very first thing I did when I unpacked it was to turn the volume knob...and it was rubbing like others have experienced. Disappointing. A quick email to Arthur brought a solution, which was to remove the knob and reattach it when properly positioned. It took a Home Depot run, but it worked. It's now burning in but I have to say that it already sounds better than the V222 at first blush. The differences between the two are not subtle which is a great relief to me. So far so good. Lord Buddha is currently taking one for the team.
Glad that you've solved the volume knob issue. Would you share more details on how to remove it?

Apr 3, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #704 of 1,057
I would like to say and thats's very subjective, there's no big difference between Bliss and V550, the Bliss has a little more details, a little bit cleaner, the bass has more details, the V550 has a little bit more warmth in all frequencies, but all of it in a very high level, for me as ZMF User better match with Bliss.If you are using a Hifiman, V550 could be the better match, but i don't know, i have no Hifiman :wink:.
Biggest step is to change the DAC, i come from RME ADI2 changed to Holo Spring 3 KTE, it is completely a different world.
Sounds like it’s not worth the upgrade for me personally. I mainly use my V550 Pro with my LCD-5 (ZMF’s are exclusively used on the Pendant SE)

Thanks for the comparison!

Apr 3, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #705 of 1,057
Sounds like it’s not worth the upgrade for me personally. I mainly use my V550 Pro with my LCD-5 (ZMF’s are exclusively used on the Pendant SE)

Thanks for the comparison!
That's what i wanted to say, it is all on high level no matter if Bliss or V550. Everyone has to check it himself :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back