Vinyl...
Jan 2, 2005 at 6:10 AM Post #16 of 21
Forgot to add that imo a good solution is a must to record cleaning, manual or automatic - so that bugtussel solution is still required.

Btw this brush looks good for that kitchen sink scrubbing.

Jan 3, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nak Man
Thanks, JMT. Yes, the Nitty Gritty looks interesting and I didn't realise constant high-torque motor cost a huge chunk in order to get the manual one at half price. If only there's a custom brush-adaptor to fit our vacuum cleaners it would be great ! I saw a diy adaptor once and that looked like a good idea.

Check this out......a lot cheaper, and nicer looking than my VPI 16.5. Doesn't look too hard to build, either.
biggrin.gif

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...threadid=39608

Jan 3, 2005 at 2:46 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by joelongwood
Check this out......a lot cheaper, and nicer looking than my VPI 16.5. Doesn't look too hard to build, either.
biggrin.gif

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...threadid=39608

It's nice...but the wood has to be able to get solution on it without deteriorating, or else it's going to look crappy in a year or so.

I bought the Bugtussel from Todd, a year ago. You get a small (2 oz. I think),
bottle, which with 2 gallons of distilled water, gives you 2 gallons of formula.
I use it 2 or 3 times a week, and I still have 1 3/4 gallons left.

Jan 3, 2005 at 6:19 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by joelongwood
Doesn't look too hard to build, either.
biggrin.gif

Are you kidding me ?
eek.gif
Considering my woodworking skills, I'll end up spending more for broken coffee tables ...
eggosmile.gif

Thanks much for the idea !! Now that's the tube adaptor for vaccum cleaner that I mentioned. I didn't know VPI would sell those separately.

Jan 3, 2005 at 12:22 PM Post #20 of 21
They sell the tube adapter for the vacuum, and replacement brush, because, as I found out the hard way, if you shut the cover, with the vacuum tube facing directly towards the back of the unit, it hits the hinge, and cracks.
eek.gif

I saved money, and used crazy glue.

A small note about the Bugtussel...if you use the VPI solution that comes with the 16.5, the manual tells you, to empty the tube every 6 or so albums, because it is very thin. With the Bugtussel, I have used it for a year, and the holding compartment is still not full.

Jan 3, 2005 at 1:26 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
I saved money, and used crazy glue.

Rightfully so ... that replacement tube costs 60 bucks !
eek.gif

I'm so poor I'll build a diy replacement tube to go with diy cleaner someday.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back