Vinyl through cans...OH YEAH!
Jan 28, 2010 at 7:23 AM Post #106 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by nukular /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A record cleaning machine is essential for good vinyl listening. It really makes a ridiculous amount of difference. I guess that makes sense...as clean grooves are what is necessary......

Also. Pay attention to cleaning fluid. My personal fave are the fluids put out by Disc Doctor. The brushes are quite good as well. I used to use...maybe miracle cleaner or something like that...cleaned one of my favorite records twice with it and thought it sounded great. Got some disc doctor...and it somehow got even MORE stuff out. Been convinced ever since.

thanks for the recommendation of cleaning fluid nukular.

as for the RCM, can't make up my mind yet. a KAB EV-1, VPI HW 16.5 or Clearaudio Smart Matrix. the last two is about same price in Singapore while the KAB EV-1 is cheap but manual... ya, I can save alot if buying KAB EV-1 and I can use the balance fund to buy more LPs
regular_smile .gif

my mate is toying with ideas how to DIY a RCM too...
smile.gif
look like I'll have to wait for a while to decide...

Mar 25, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #109 of 112
The Glider is an awesome pick-up
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #111 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by kidult /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the recommendation of cleaning fluid nukular.

as for the RCM, can't make up my mind yet. a KAB EV-1, VPI HW 16.5 or Clearaudio Smart Matrix. the last two is about same price in Singapore while the KAB EV-1 is cheap but manual... ya, I can save alot if buying KAB EV-1 and I can use the balance fund to buy more LPs
regular_smile .gif

my mate is toying with ideas how to DIY a RCM too...
smile.gif
look like I'll have to wait for a while to decide...

I've used a KAB EV-1 for around 4 years. A great cheap option for cleaning lp's. And it does an excellent job too. I have cleaned many hundred records with mine.

Chris

Mar 27, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #112 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundfanz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've used a KAB EV-1 for around 4 years. A great cheap option for cleaning lp's. And it does an excellent job too. I have cleaned many hundred records with mine.

Chris

I ordered an Okki Nokki RCM from my local dealer. It should be in anytime now. My LPs are yelling for a good bath
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back