Vinyl Outselling CD!
Apr 23, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #77 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I think so.

Well, I have to say. It's more interesting (and enlightening) being proved wrong by someone who can actually argue effectively than it is being right while arguing with most people. Honestly, that's why I post here. Thanks, man !!

Apr 23, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #78 of 86
This article seem to be British (?). If you search for turntables on ebay, you'll find that Britian seems to have a good majority of vinyl fanatics. I wonder how the stats in the U.S. compare? Of course, DJs here must spend alot on records. I like vinyl but, as obvious as it seems, I do really hate having to get up and flip that record. Even worse, forgetting about my manual "spinner" and letting that expensive cartidge go "Tick, tick, tick, tick" at the end of the record for an hour. Yikes!

Apr 23, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #79 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Laserdiscs can indeed look and sound better than DVDs (as confirmed by me), so the old tech isn't without its merits.

I could never get very much out of my laserdiscs.

damnlaserdiscs1024.jpg

Apr 23, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #81 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovesocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder what will happen when the people who are "getting into vinyl" realize that they can't put those songs onto their iPods.

Thankfully some labels (Merge, Matador, and Sub Pop off the top of my head) are solving this problem by sending a coupon for a free MP3 download of the album when you buy the LP.

Apr 23, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #82 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovesocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder what will happen when the people who are "getting into vinyl" realize that they can't put those songs onto their iPods.

They buy the iZilla

Apr 24, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #83 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thankfully some labels (Merge, Matador, and Sub Pop off the top of my head) are solving this problem by sending a coupon for a free MP3 download of the album when you buy the LP.

Oh, nice.
biggrin.gif
I thought I had found the overlooked catch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They buy the iZilla

eek.gif
I can't believe that that thing exists. 16 D batteries . . .

Apr 25, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #85 of 86
909 - great article.

Vinyl is a small portion of total sales in the US, although it is making a comeback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EMI, scratching their heads and wondering why

EMI is always scratching their head and wondering why...
confused.gif

(i can say this because i work for EMI)

Things are definitely changing in the music industry, major restructuring everywhere.
frown.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #86 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That reminds me of the early days of CD. For a brief period there were some that came with a free cassette tape version of the album so you could listen to it in your car or on your walkman. That's right, CD was not initially a portable format. My friends and I would go in on it together, one take the cd and one take the tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back