Vinyl guys---Back To Black Series?
Sep 27, 2009 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

chud

500+ Head-Fier
Just got back from FYE.

They had a copy of The Downward Spiral and it was tagged the Back To Black Series. Is this a reissue I'm assuming?

Also, the guy working there said it was brand new and that they don't sell used vinyl, but it was in a plastic sleeve that was slightly larger than the actual cardboard sleeve itself and had a flap type closure. Is that the factory packaging?

There are a few of these on Ebay for the same price and of the same series.

I'd love to get my hands on a sealed original to put away and then another copy to actually play.

Any info?

Thanks.

Sep 27, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 6
Of all the BOB I have purchased they all had clear resealable plastic like you describe. You need to go to a web site to view the past BOB pressing to see if that was one reissue they did. It is all quality that they do, no bad pressings.

There is a real cool Ebay company that I just purchased a BOB from. The name escapes me now but I will pm you in the future. They get you the record in 48 hrs if your in California. They have these perfect record shipping boxes that get the record to you in better than perfect condition. It is hard to beat what they do. You could call them to get a promise that one was not torn open.

Sep 27, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #3 of 6
I have 2 Back to Black reissues. Cream's Wheels of Fire and Who's Next. Both are very good quality and came in the aforementioned clear sleeves.

Sep 28, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by chud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got back from FYE.

They had a copy of The Downward Spiral and it was tagged the Back To Black Series. Is this a reissue I'm assuming?

Also, the guy working there said it was brand new and that they don't sell used vinyl, but it was in a plastic sleeve that was slightly larger than the actual cardboard sleeve itself and had a flap type closure. Is that the factory packaging?

There are a few of these on Ebay for the same price and of the same series.

I'd love to get my hands on a sealed original to put away and then another copy to actually play.

Any info?

Thanks.

Yes, that is a ressiue. I have an original from 1994.

Sep 28, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #5 of 6
Hey, I bought Thin Lizzy- Jailbreak in the Back to Black reissues from TTVJ.com. It came with the plastic covers you describe, but Unfortunately the pressing skipped badly on two songs. Todd sent me another copy, which had even worse skips (using a heavier tone arm didnt help). Maybe you will have better luck than I, but I dont trust it now.

BTW, it says www.gjvinyl.com on the record, must be the production company.

Sep 28, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald North /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, that is a ressiue. I have an original from 1994.

curse you!!!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back