vinyl finally
Nov 26, 2007 at 4:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Little J040

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

I've been bumming around the vinyl scene for a while, with older used turntables and crappy phono stages, but i finally decided to bite the bullet and now i've got what i feel is a pretty decent TT setup. Music hall mmf 2.1, cambridge audio 640p phono and a AT 440mla cartridge. Woo.

So now my question is what sort of tweaks can i do to get the best out of this system, albeit tone arm adjustments or anything as simple as a a clamp to hold down some of my thinner possibly slightly warped LPs.... Also just a quick question on where i can find more vinyl to buy
smily_headphones1.gif
... I've got a decent collection of classic rock, the who, pink floyd, the stones etc.. but im looking for more now
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 3
oops this was supposed to be in the source forum

Jan 4, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little J040 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey all,

I've been bumming around the vinyl scene for a while, with older used turntables and crappy phono stages, but i finally decided to bite the bullet and now i've got what i feel is a pretty decent TT setup. Music hall mmf 2.1, cambridge audio 640p phono and a AT 440mla cartridge. Woo.

So now my question is what sort of tweaks can i do to get the best out of this system, albeit tone arm adjustments or anything as simple as a a clamp to hold down some of my thinner possibly slightly warped LPs.... Also just a quick question on where i can find more vinyl to buy
smily_headphones1.gif
... I've got a decent collection of classic rock, the who, pink floyd, the stones etc.. but im looking for more now
biggrin.gif

I am not familier with making adjustments on tone arms,but I can tell you about a TT mat that is sold on ebay.The item number is on anther forum called "TT MATS". I purchased one and I'm using it on my Sansui 525,and it seems to make a difference.Plus it's very reasonable price wise.But there are other ones to choose from. If your looking for new high quality lps,try www.musicdirect.com.If you want to buy anything you can think of on vinyl try Vinyl Records, Used CDs, Rare LPs, CD Singles, Music Albums - MusicStack and url]www.squaredealonline.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back