Vintage STAX Headphones
Jan 1, 2002 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Trawlerman

A British ingredient in our rockin' international gumbo.
Hi all,

I found a webpage today that some of you may be interested in.

It's basically a full listing of products manufactured by STAX in Japan. Not only that but it also includes many PDF files, that presumably contain manuals, schematics and specs? There are many photographs of classic STAX gear on here
tongue.gif

The link is at http://www.stax.co.jp/ENG/History.html

Have fun.

Good listening
Mick in the UK
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2002 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 16
lol
no doubt

um... most stax don't loook the best

I'd say the only good looking one is the sr-omega 2

the rest are kinda retro nowadays

and the ear buds look pretty painful
haha

Jan 1, 2002 at 11:07 PM Post #5 of 16
Hehehe. I've got a pair of Lambda Nova Basic's and the SRM-XH driver unit and must admit that it looks like crap. However, they sound fantastic and are very analytical.

BTW, the electrostatic earbuds are a bit painful at first but you soon get used to them.

Happy listening.

Jan 2, 2002 at 2:39 AM Post #10 of 16
I dont know, the ones WJK posted a pic of look downright painful to wear...do these things have decent padding? Have you Stax owners ever modded the pads to make them more comfortable...just curious
wink.gif

George

Jan 2, 2002 at 2:55 AM Post #11 of 16
George,

I can't speak in regard to other Stax phones, but my Omega IIs are extremely comfortable. The pads are a very soft leather (not pleather) with some kind of plush padding. They can be worn easily for hours at a time. I agree that some of the other models pictured above do look most uncomfortable.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2002 at 3:04 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
George,

I can't speak in regard to other Stax phones, but my Omega IIs are extremely comfortable. The pads are a very soft leather (not pleather) with some kind of plush padding. They can be worn easily for hours at a time. I agree that some of the other models pictured above do look most uncomfortable.

smily_headphones1.gif

Oh yea, the pic of those stax you posted below look gorgeous....damn i wish i could try these Stax out and see what they are all about (i better bring a Credit card or two with me of course!).

Do you happen to know any sites that sell lots of Stax? Just wanna read up on these, who knows, maybe sometime in the future ill dig in for a pair
cool.gif

TIA

George

Jan 2, 2002 at 3:14 AM Post #13 of 16
Jan 2, 2002 at 4:28 PM Post #15 of 16
I find the lamda pads very comfortable but slight tweaks can
adjust the bass on them,has anybody else experimented with
this?

Team Stax
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread