Vintage Stanton SRS-265
Apr 19, 2006 at 4:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

aznsensazian

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, does anyone know anything about this headphone? I was curious and on impulse bought it on ebay for $21. I figure maybe it would sound as good like my old k340s. Its kinda fun searching for something that might be special. It sure looks cool.
icon10.gif

wz90604sq.jpg

Apr 19, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #2 of 11
it does look cool. dunno anything about it, let us know how it sounds! the only other stanton i heard of was the one at a minimeet and it was blue and sealed and apparently not that great sounding
icon10.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #3 of 11
I guess i will be the first one to own these headphones here on headfi. Well, how dandy is that...

Apr 19, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #4 of 11
The appearance yells 80s, as does the manufacturing note. Would be interesting where exactly they were producing these at the time. Even if the sound should be less than great, it still makes a nice collector's item.

Apr 19, 2006 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 11
Yeah, i noticed that stereophile reviewed them back in the day, but as far as which issue it was i dont know. Any headfiers with old issues of stereophile, please chime in!!
icon10.gif
Im hoping these are a diamond in the rough and maybe although unlikely start a fotm like the vintage k340
icon10.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 7:00 PM Post #6 of 11
Hey! You should bring that to the ATL meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 7:02 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
Hey! You should bring that to the ATL meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey, whats up with the avatar? Going to Michigan for grad school?

Apr 19, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #8 of 11
I wish the akg k340s were not popular as they are today, so i could knab them for $30 bucks like some folks did a few years ago.

Apr 19, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznsensazian
Hey, whats up with the avatar? Going to Michigan for grad school?

Definitely applying there for medical school. But I just like the letter M!
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
Definitely applying there for medical school. But I just like the letter M!
biggrin.gif

GO BLUE!!
Big House Football!!
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #11 of 11
Just got these headphones today. Here are some quick initial observations. Judging by appearence, they scream vintage with the coiled cable and 1/4th plug. When i first recieved it, i made sure to clean the headphones thorougly with alcohol pads and some "wet ones". I was getting a smoke smell from the headphones, so they definately needed a clean. The build is quite nice and it is very light. All plastic construction, but its tough durable plastic. It looked pretty good judging by appearence. Now quickly on to sound, ive only listened to them for a few hours, but these things have some major bass, almost dt770 reminiscent. The bass isnt as tight as i would like it, but its not bad considering i only paid about $50 including shipping from australia. The sound is very upfront and the bass impact is quite head rattling. The sound signature is similar to that of a grado, but a little less detailed, more smoother and much more comfortable. These things are like pillows on your ears and very light, so i really dont notice them on. Well, thats it for now. I will post further impressions when i get better acquainted with this phone since im mainly an akg guy, these initial impressions could just be bias.
-Minh

Edit: here is a really bad picture of the phones. I really need to start getting a better camera then spending on headphones
tongue.gif

srs2655pf.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back