Vintage OG and Present Day TOTL Impressions
May 22, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #76 of 1,615
I'm waiting more patiently than anyone! LOL.. I think they're dealing with distribution/sourcing issues just like a lot of other companies during the pandemic. But I just sent an email to check in with my dealer. Hopefully soon, but now I'll be traveling (last minute trip) and after Memorial Day will be the earliest I can even get to hear them :frowning2:

I really appreciate it! I try to be as fair and thoughtfully accurate as possible. I think that really helps people understand what may or may not fit best for them. Thanks for checking it out, let me know how it goes with the Sr1a or 009. :)

Both are slightly below performance wise than the four compared here, with the Utopia besting the ZMF closed. Both are still really, really amazing.. but it was an easy decision for me to sell both the Utopia and VC, as the other four were just dominating my listening time.
Ordered the TC and the SR1a.

Blind-buying can be a tad nerve-racking (in the case of the Sr1a). Lol.

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #78 of 1,615
Currently using the Accuphase e380!

5DBC9914-5AE4-4A16-9F31-13DA1FC78D2D.jpeg

May 22, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #80 of 1,615
120 watts/ ch at $8k is a bit much or headphones. Are there more reasonable new speaker amps that will drive the Susvara under $3K? I assume you are using the speaker taps on that Acuphase? Do you need a apraxia adapter for the Susvara 1/4 in plug?

May 22, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #82 of 1,615
Ordered the TC and the SR1a.

Blind-buying can be a tad nerve-racking (in the case of the Sr1a). Lol.

At the very least, you'll appreciate the strengths of the Sr1a for sure. It's definitely unique and not perfect for all genres.. but for the genres it does excel with, it's one of the best easily. Definitely report back!

May 22, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #83 of 1,615
120 watts/ ch at $8k is a bit much or headphones. Are there more reasonable new speaker amps that will drive the Susvara under $3K? I assume you are using the speaker taps on that Acuphase? Do you need a apraxia adapter for the Susvara 1/4 in plug?
Yup, using the speaker taps.

Worth noting that the HP out on the e380 is also beautiful-sounding, better than most TOTL SS HP amps I have A/B-ed with.

Great all in-one-unit I use for my speakers too (until the Sr1a arrives, I suppose).

Jun 24, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #87 of 1,615
@number1sixerfan still no word about your Shangri-la Sr?

Heard from my dealer this week. Should be another week until he has it and then in route to me. Really looking forward to it. :)

Also have been meaning to give an update in this thread as I've been spending a lot of time each of the headphones I provided for previously. Will try to do so this weekend or next.

Jun 29, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #89 of 1,615
What about the Bakoon? Using it in high gain is like speaker taps?
Bakoon + Susvara is a well-known combo.

I did my own long drawn-out search for the perfect amp for the Sus, and settled with the Accuphase e380, after going through multiple headamps and several speaker amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back