Vintage OG and Present Day TOTL Impressions
May 9, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #421 of 1,542
May 9, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #422 of 1,542
And so is his T2.....as I happily sit here listening to mine:L3000:

I'm glad yours arrived!! I know you've heard it before, but how are you loving it with the x9000?!

May 9, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #423 of 1,542
It is everything you heard it to be. imho X9000+T2 is ENDGAME. No need for anything else.
On a side note I have spent the last 3 years listening to a 009S+Carbon. The T2 takes the 009S to another level. Equally endgame in my book. The 009S doesn't do bass? It sure does - it just needed a T2.

May 9, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #425 of 1,542
Sorry....but you asked😁

87585944-0EC4-4F0E-A5C6-3A9ADEFCCFA2.jpeg

Last edited:
May 9, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #426 of 1,542
0150FB8B-CDA4-45E6-B4A7-CF5C5CEE9DAC.jpeg

May 10, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #428 of 1,542
The T2 ships tomorrow. Should have it Wednesday or Thursday. That gives me almost a week exactly to play with it before leaving. :)

Also, I absolutely have no more money to spend on this hobby lol. Unless I sell a lot, I am officially done.. and I truly mean it lol. Matter of fact, I would've never even spent this money on the T2 if it weren't for @paradoxper's consistent bullying haha. (But seriously, it has been such a pleasant experience with Kerry and the Aeras has really blown me away, looking forward to it.)
Sucker. Next I'll get you on 300B. Or even better the 45 Globe. :grin:

May 10, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #429 of 1,542
Congratulations. Insane.
Do your prefer the srx9k or sr009s on the T2?

Sigh…. Time to email Kerry.
The 009S improved BIG TIME on the T2. After all that is the demo I did 1 year ago when I decided to pull the trigger.
The 9000's are at the top of the roost for me however the 009S will definitely remain keepers. There is a strong and valid reason for keeping both

May 10, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #430 of 1,542
Sucker. Next I'll get you on 300B. Or even better the 45 Globe. :grin:

There's always something you're pushing haha.

The 009S improved BIG TIME on the T2. After all that is the demo I did 1 year ago when I decided to pull the trigger.
The 9000's are at the top of the roost for me however the 009S will definitely remain keepers. There is a strong and valid reason for keeping both

I agree that there's a strong reason to keep both, even though the x9000 is a good upgrade. The 009 paired really really well with the Aeras, so I can definitely see the same being the case for it and the T2. Can't wait to try them both.

Also, just insane pics. It is quite the thing of beauty.

May 13, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #431 of 1,542
It is everything you heard it to be. imho X9000+T2 is ENDGAME. No need for anything else.
On a side note I have spent the last 3 years listening to a 009S+Carbon. The T2 takes the 009S to another level. Equally endgame in my book. The 009S doesn't do bass? It sure does - it just needed a T2.
Congrats on the T2, it looks awesome!
I've received my X9000s this week and I can second it sounds amazing out of the T2.

And yes, this amp makes even the shiest bass-light stats sing out and loud.

Enjoy!

May 13, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #432 of 1,542
So the T2 from @Kerry arrived :). I cannot thank him enough, just an extremely easy process, with a ton of support and pleasant correspondence. Not to mention excellent craftsmanship. Highly recommend all around the board.

As always, I'm going to give it a bit of time before giving any specifics, but I've been listening for a few hours and am simply in awe of what I'm hearing through it and the SGL. I don't want to be dramatic and say I'm floored lol, but it's something close to that. I will try the x9000 shortly as well.

Here are a few pics. The amp looks even better in person and a bit darker as well. I've said before that I don't much care THAT much about the looks of an amp, but this is one of the nicest looking amps I've ever had, which I think is impressive given the DIY nature of the build.

Oh and in the pic, you'll also notice a bit of the floor pulled up to the left, we just had a door in this wall knocked out (it's a duplex) in prep for the sale of this house. This stand and room setup is temporary until I move cross country to be with the fiancee. If anyone has recommendations on a good online site with really nice AV furniture, please let me know as I'll be in the market for one. I don't tend to see a whole lot of options out there. (My living room pangea stand came from Crutchfield, they have some decent options).

Anyways, more to come and I'll provide some initial impressions before I leave for my trip late next week. No comparisons against any other amps or anything in the short term, just getting acquainted with it and it only. But my BHSE has shipped back to me and I get it next week. When I'm back from my trip I'll compare the T2, BHSE, and Aeras (also from Kerry). I'll take a few weeks to maybe even a month to do so, so I do so thoroughly, but it should be a ton of fun. :)

IMG_4561.jpg

IMG_4559.jpg

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #433 of 1,542
So the T2 from @Kerry arrived :). I cannot thank him enough, just an extremely easy process, with a ton of support and pleasant correspondence. Not to mention excellent craftsmanship. Highly recommend all around the board.

As always, I'm going to give it a bit of time before giving any specifics, but I've been listening for a few hours and am simply in awe of what I'm hearing through it and the SGL. I don't want to be dramatic and say I'm floored lol, but it's something close to that. I will try the x9000 shortly as well.

Here are a few pics. The amp looks even better in person and a bit darker as well. I've said before that I don't much care THAT much about the looks of an amp, but this is one of the nicest looking amps I've ever had, which I think is impressive given the DIY nature of the build.

Oh and in the pic, you'll also notice a bit of the floor pulled up to the left, we just had a door in this wall knocked out (it's a duplex) in prep for the sale of this house. This stand and room setup is temporary until I move cross country to be with the fiancee. If anyone has recommendations on a good online site with really nice AV furniture, please let me know as I'll be in the market for one. I don't tend to see a whole lot of options out there. (My living room pangea stand came from Crutchfield, they have some decent options).

Anyways, more to come and I'll provide some initial impressions before I leave for my trip late next week. No comparisons against any other amps or anything in the short term, just getting acquainted with it and it only. But my BHSE has shipped back to me and I get it next week. When I'm back from my trip I'll compare the T2, BHSE, and Aeras (also from Kerry). I'll take a few weeks to maybe even a month to do so, so I do so thoroughly, but it should be a ton of fun. :)

True summit-fi... impressive. My big question is which of the group: CRBN/SRX9000/SGL scales the most with the T2.
There is some good AV custom wood racks on ETSY, I had my eye on this one for a minute ETSY AV Rack

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #434 of 1,542
True summit-fi... impressive. My big question for me is which of the group: CRBN/SRX9000/SGL scales the most with the T2.
There is some good AV custom wood racks on ETSY, I had my eye on this one for a minute ETSY AV Rack

I cannot answer this right now (and I know you aren't saying I should), but interestingly enough, I ended up pivoting to the CRBN instead of the x9000, simply because the x9000's cable is too short to listen while at my office desk (again just moved everything to this temporary room and setup from my bedroom). So instead of going to grab the longer cable, I went for the CRBN.

I can't speak to the specifics just yet, but the CRBN scales up really really well. I just spent a week or two comparing it to the LCD-R, literally just did so to figure out which I'd keep for a second office system long term. The CRBN's performance has jumped up pretty significantly. I am honestly surprised. I still have it on right now and I was supposed to cut everything off 30min ago lol. Will provide more specifics over time, but I didn't expect it to scale like this.

And thanks for the heads up on the ETSY racks! Totally forget they have a lot of good furniture and wood platform slabs.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #435 of 1,542
I cannot answer this right now (and I know you aren't saying I should), but interestingly enough, I ended up pivoting to the CRBN instead of the x9000, simply because the x9000's cable is too short to listen while at my office desk (again just moved everything to this temporary room and setup from my bedroom). So instead of going to grab the longer cable, I went for the CRBN.

I can't speak to the specifics just yet, but the CRBN scales up really really well. I just spent a week or two comparing it to the LCD-R, literally just did so to figure out which I'd keep for a second office system long term. The CRBN's performance has jumped up pretty significantly. I am honestly surprised. I still have it on right now and I was supposed to cut everything off 30min ago lol. Will provide more specifics over time, but I didn't expect it to scale like this well.

And thanks for the heads up on the ETSY racks! Totally forget they have a lot of good furniture and wood platform slabs.
This agrees with my suspicion about the CRBN being 007-level power hungry, despite original suggestion by Jude of the opposite.
Also explains why the Carbon is a better fit over the BHSE - and agrees with Birgir's observations.

My guess is the SRX9000 will scale the least but still, obviously, sound incredible. T2 is magic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back