Vintage Discman Gems on ebay...
Nov 1, 2005 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

chungsoi

500+ Head-Fier
Sony D-303 + 4 more discmans I've never heard of...I just couldn't resist!
tongue.gif

Has anyone heard/owned any of the following discmans?

Sony Discman D-133
Sony Discman D-66
Aiwa XP-560
Otany DM2511-1(45)

Nov 1, 2005 at 1:51 PM Post #2 of 5
Hehe congrats - I've seen that auction on ebay.de recently, but resisted to bid. I don't know whether you understand the German text or not, but it says something like: "due to missing components these units are sold untested". Usually I'm pretty careful when I read a something like that, so I didn't place my bid. Maybe you're lucky though and they're in a good working condition.

Good luck,
Marcus

Nov 1, 2005 at 2:28 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks Marcus! I did do a quick bablefish translation, but I thought what the heck, might as well take a punt...today being Melbourne Cup day and all!
wink.gif

One thing bablefish couldn't recognise was "AKKU" and "Akkudeckel"...do you know what this mean?

Nov 1, 2005 at 2:57 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi
Thanks Marcus! I did do a quick bablefish translation, but I thought what the heck, might as well take a punt...today being Melbourne Cup day and all!
wink.gif

One thing bablefish couldn't recognise was "AKKU" and "Akkudeckel"...do you know what this mean?

AKKU=rechargeable battery, or accumulator for that matter *g*
Akkudeckel=that's the cap covering the battery compartment

I just saw that he has a pretty good ebay feedback. Probably he's been a bit busy due to his numerous auctions and therefore hadn't the time to thoroughly test the units. Indeed, if the D-303 is working you got a pretty good bargain - in another recent auction someone sold a working D-303 for 65 euros (~104$ AUD).
Just in case there are any problems with the guy you're dealing with - due to language problems for example, just let me know - I might help you out *g*.

Marcus

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #5 of 5
I have the D-133 in a very good condition, its a gift from my grandfather as he kept the discman for like 19 years. The certification said its made on May 1994

Users who are viewing this thread

Back