Vintage CDP/DAC: Musical Fidelity Pan & Cayin DA-2
Nov 6, 2008 at 11:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

smuh

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I was about to buy a Shanling CD-S 100 MK II until I saw the Pan and the DA-2 for sale. The MF Pan is a tube CDP which as it seems got a lot of praise a long time ago, but I am not able to find any specs etc. about the Player.
The Cayin DA-2 is a tube DAC, but that is actually everything I could find out about it.

Anybody heard the MF or Cayin before or got more info on these devices? The Pan looks very interesting but I am not sure if it would be an upgrade to my Marantz CD72. Good thing about the Cayin is that I could use it as a DAC for my CD72 and for my computer setup.

I hope somebody got more information on the PAN and the DA-2 and is willing to share that info.

Thanks,
smuh

Feb 16, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi,

I've been using the Cayin DA-2 for some years now. I always take it with me when I visit another audio freak and it always beat the guy's DAC hands down, even a very expensive Audio Note.

I got mine for 300 euros on Ebay. The original Sovtek tubes are crap though, I rolled them with Siemens/Halske CCa A-frames and the DAC really sings. I also tried Telefunken E88CC which were as good but I preferred the slightly silkier treble of the CCa's.

Go for it! Happy listening.

Regards, Jörg.

Before I had a new

Users who are viewing this thread

Back