Vintage automatic or semi-automatic turntable ideas
Jul 28, 2013 at 11:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Hi-Five

100+ Head-Fier
Vinyl-heads,

I've been thinking about getting a bedroom TT to add to my Woo WA6SE/Phonomena II setup and would like to go with a nice, "safe" turntable for the later night listening.  Aesthetically I like the older wood base models but have no idea about overall sound quality.  I currently use a 1200 mk3 which is fine, but I hate to abuse the stylus when I fall asleep.

Do any of you guys use anything that you really enjoy?  I used to have an old auto Technics that was just weak and clunky and I'd rather have something better and, of course, easier on my vinyl.

Thanks in advance to those interested!

Hi-Five

Jul 29, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #2 of 4
You need an automatic turntable. Only the Japanes manufacturers made suitable ones that I would be happy to use. Stick to Sony JVC, Denon, Technics, and Yamaha. The better ones weigh at least 5Kg. So avoid anything lighter.

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #3 of 4
Dual also made some vg semi auto TTs. DD too which is another advantage in a vintage TT.

The weak spot on them was always the cartridge mounting mechanism. So check that out before purchase but the going round and round and lifting on and off bits will almost certainly still be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back