vincent khv 111- any information?
May 3, 2011 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ballcall2

Head-Fier
I can buy this amp-"vincent khv 111" second hand pretty cheap, but I don't have any  information on it. Did anybody try it? Is it good with headphones like dt880/hd650? 

[tr] [td]  [/td] [/tr]

May 4, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #3 of 5
Works with HD650 just fine.  Sounds better than the Musical Fidelity X Can V3 with the PSU to my ears.

May 4, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #4 of 5
I am listening to this very amp at this moment. I have rewired the whole amp which is very easy to do. I repalced the main outlets in side with pure silver solid wire. And beefed up the power wires. Right now I have it hooked up to a nad 542 with cards cross interconnects. The headphones I am using with it are a pair of HD650 that are hard wired with a good 24awg solid copper wire very nice. I also have a MG head MKIII and a headroom maxed out home. The vincent is the best of the 3 amps. In fact as it is right now it is one of the best headphone amps I have ever heard and a great match for the HD650s. I also up graded the power cord and put a nice old 12AX7 tube in it. Hope this helps.

May 4, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #5 of 5
Wow very good to hear these things... I think that I will get it... Currently I have the Sennheiser hd598, so will it add something to this headphone? Even if it won't, I think that I will buy this amp to be future proof for my next headphones...

Anyone has any other thoughts on this amp? Is it in the same level of Schiit Lyr or Woo Audio 3 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back