Views on Drugs/Alcohol
Jun 26, 2002 at 10:22 PM Post #61 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
drugs = bad
alcohol = good

Neither of these are good.

I used to work in the fishing industry and the people around me used to start drinking at 6am when they started working and never stopped until after midnight. They also did a lot of drugs. Me? I got out. These were not the people I wanted to surround myself with. Anybody that habitually abuses drugs needs help.

My family have never really been big drinkers. Me and my father got a crate (24 cans) of beer in for christmas and we still had half of it left in March. I suppose the restraint in not needing alcohol shwon by my parents has been passed on to me.

As I said in a post in another thread, i'm diabetic. Now if I happen to eat too much or forget to take my insulin (more likely to be caught out without it) I get the same feeling as being drunk.

If was to go out on an all night bender I have a 50/50 chance of waking up in the hospital. To me that is not a risk i'm gonna go taking. I'd rather go down the local blockbuster and get a couple of DVD's, maybe get a couple of bottles of beers to have at home and just chill out in the comfort of my own home - I get so much more pleasure and I know that i'll live to tell the tale next morning.

By all means have a drink but keep it sensible. 3 pints at the most should be enough for anybody. Enjoy yourself but don't get wasted. You end up making an arse of yourself and regretting in the morning.

Take care. Be your own man. You don't need to follow everybody else.

Jun 26, 2002 at 10:48 PM Post #62 of 64
Marijuana is legal in Holland. Amsterdam I believe is infamous in this respect. Bottom line, Amsterdam is a beautiful city that is not plagued by addicts.

Your the one who needs to get real. So what, a drug is a little bit dangerous and now it's the drugs fault?? No, it's just like with computers, the drugs don't make mistakes, the people who use them do.

OH I'LL agree in a heartbeat that there are drugs out there that should be illegal, that should never have been created. But what you are missing is that some drugs and alcohol have benefits to an intelligent person who uses them in moderation.

Whenever I think alcohol is evil I think of the French. Wine is very good for you in moderate amounts, perhaps a bottle per day. A glass for lunch, a couple glasses for dinner. Alcohol IS good for you in small amounts. Can you have too much of this good thing?? Obviously yes. Is that alcohols fault??? No.

As for drugs, and it's impossible to convince people like you of something like this, but some people, believe it or not, take drugs because they feel that by taking drugs they are transcending this reality. Drugs often put you in a Zen like state of mind. Some people in some cultures feel that they are going to another world. Personally, give me a little weed and I'll get twice as good at chess, give me a little more and I'll get twice as bad. But I'll feel much better about losing.

I knew a kid who took the SAT stoned off his ass and got a 1440.

He was headed nowhere, but it wasn't the drugs, it was his ****ed up family, his ****ed up relationships, and a myriad of other problems he faced daily. Personally, I felt sorry for the kid but at the same time I wanted to laugh at him, call him a fool for doing the drugs.

Yeah, then I was the fool one day. But it all passed and I look back on it and can honestly say that the worst drug I ever did was nicotine. AND YOU KNOW WHY I CAN SAY THAT??? Because I have been drunk 3 days in a row without sleep on more than one occassion. I have smoked weed. And I have been addicted to Nicotine. AND OF THEM ALL, Nicotine caused me the most grief. And if you think otherwise, well thats because you haven't been there. You rely on numbers and I can tell you to take your numbers and shove them up your ass.

"HOWEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Drugs (mind or mood altering chemicals, numerous prescription and illegal substances, and occasionally even something OTC like Sudafed) or alcohol and vehicles is a known, highly deadly combination. Deadly to the, in this case truly, innocent 30,000 victims of this MURDER every year. And that is not even takeing into account the damage to the users own family or the thousands of seriously injured and crippled from this IDIOTIC behavior. " - gaineso

And that is primarily a function of poor intelligence or poor decision making.

Jun 27, 2002 at 10:02 AM Post #63 of 64
And if you think otherwise, well thats because you haven't been there. You rely on numbers and I can tell you to take your numbers and shove them up your ass.

I have been there and I've seen all the destruction. I still live with some of it and see more examples daily. If you think that these chemicals are good for you or open your mind, I'm just glad I don't live any closer to Savannah than I do.

Unfortunately, I have to be there for about 3 hours next Tuesday, but I'll be very careful and watchful on the roads.

Instead of numbers, why don't you shove your drugs up your ass. It'll help all the rest of us a bunch.

Jun 27, 2002 at 10:10 AM Post #64 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by gaineso
And if you think otherwise, well thats because you haven't been there. You rely on numbers and I can tell you to take your numbers and shove them up your ass.

I have been there and I've seen all the destruction. I still live with some of it and see more examples daily. If you think that these chemicals are good for you or open your mind, I'm just glad I don't live any closer to Savannah than I do.

Unfortunately, I have to be there for about 3 hours next Tuesday, but I'll be very careful and watchful on the roads.

Instead of numbers, why don't you shove your drugs up your ass. It'll help all the rest of us a bunch.

NICE ARGUMENT SIR.

/me pulls out the flame extinguisher.

If someone can't handle drugs and becomes addicted and ruins their life, well, should we really blame the drug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back