View the Milky Way at 10 million light years from the Earth.
Oct 29, 2003 at 1:45 AM Post #4 of 16
CRAP.............I really want to see this, and for some reason Java won't install.
mad.gif

Oct 29, 2003 at 3:29 AM Post #6 of 16
Not my day for computers- I finally got the Java to load and work on my desktop-(cool web site fractus)- but now my laptop is screwed. While installing Logitech mouse drivers for the new mouse, I lost all use of the mouse, even after rebooting. crap.

Oct 29, 2003 at 4:09 AM Post #9 of 16
"The Powers of Ten" was made into a film, and it was the first film we were required to watch the very first day in Architecture School. It teaches concepts of scope, measurement, and space that anyone can understand. "The Powers of Ten" is brilliant in both concept and execution. I'd love to see it, but my comp doesn;t seem to be compatible...
frown.gif

anyway... it makes one feel so miniscule in a broader scope of things.
wink.gif

Oct 30, 2003 at 12:13 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
I think that seeing just how small we are next to the rest of the universe is helpful, useful and keeps us humble. Being humble is a good thing.

Well said.

Oct 30, 2003 at 12:16 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by pbirkett
Thats outstanding. To think, to view our milky way as the spiral you'd have to travel at 186,000 miles per second for 1,000,000 years, its just mental
biggrin.gif

Or, one could just use a very, very big mirror.

(OK, OK, and a time machine to allow time for light to leave the galaxy, hit the humungous mirror, and then bounce back to us.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back