Vienna/Austria Meet October 17th 2015 Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2015 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

plakat

Headphoneus Supremus
Just in time before the other thread gets closed...
Lets gather our impressions over here.

It was a lot of fun to see so many of you in person, some for the first time. Thanks to all for coming and for bringing such an amazing wide selection of toys.

Oct 18, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #3 of 28
Hei,

It also has been the first time for me at such a head-fi meet. I really enjoyed listening to most of the headphones. It was also great to see how open minded and friendly the people at the meet were. Thanks a lot for the organization and the nice conversations with the community members! And cheers to the schnaps providers too.

@bharat2580 Answer to your question in the other thread: I think this blueberry chili schnaps was steeped in by the provider himself.

Greetings,
KoRnasteniker

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #6 of 28
  @bharat2580 that drink was created by @ampair I think he may still have a bottle left.

glad you liked it, @bharat2580 :) yes i do have one left (two actually), and i will definitely bring one to the next meet as well :)
but this is for drinking it with all of you, and not for sale (sorry.)

thank everyone of you for coming to the meet, it was a great time! i'm glad i could finally listen to some audeze cans, they are a nice counterpart to edgar's izophones. headbanging fun for metal :wink:

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #8 of 28
Many thanks to everybody who came this time. I'm fascinated to see how the scale of our meets grows. It's clear that the size of the venue should be scaled accordingly, so for the next time we'll give a thought to it - maybe we'll book a larger room (in fact, the largest possible in the building  and it'll be our last frontier :)) or will book two adjacent rooms. We'll see.

Thanks a lot for the valid remark regarding the spilt drinks. Before it was not much of a problem because of lower density of people in the room. Now it obviously is an issue. I think the optimal solution would be to provide some space in the room dedicated for eating, drinking and chatting only and to keep all the potential contaminants of our toys within it.

Special thanks to everybody for making the atmosphere at the meet warm and friendly. Thanks for a gorgeous collection of drinks - especially the blueberry-chilli schnapps and the grappa were delicious. =)

As to actually headphone impressions, I can name just a few firstly because most of the time I was busy talking, secondly (although linked directly to the first reason) because it was hard to evaluate listening experience with that high noise level in the room.

I again gave some listening to the Abyss and K1000 to reconfirm my previous impressions about them and to enjoy. I still find the former absolutely astonishing and having one of a kind sound signature that can not be mistaken with anything else out there, while the latter is the first and by now the only headphone with which I've  experienced the music coming from the front and not from the sides. So again, one of a kind.

I also tried Beyerdynamic DT-1770, which I expected to somehow inherit sound signature of 770s. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was not this case at all. 1770s can stack rather neutral but lively bass against the boomy exaggerated behavior of 770s at the lower end. They are in general much better tonally balanced just with a hint of hiss at highs, which sometimes tended to attract too much attention to itself.

Pioneer Master-1 didn't perform up to my expectations. Well, after brief listening I cannot point out certain flaws, just they seemed to me too ordinary and mediocre for their statement price level.
That was basically it for this time. Of course the amount of interesting gear was humongous, it just was not my priority.

And yes, here are some pics. I couldn't bring my camera with me, so smartphone quality only.

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #9 of 28
I also enjoyed the meeting very much, but as it was my first one, at the beginning I was busy with testing all different headphones I have never listened to before.
Many of them were lovely!
At the end I also found some time to talk ^^
Anyway, looking forward to the next meet!

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #11 of 28
Hi Guys!
It was very funny this event,for me personaly the Star of this Event was the ORIOLUS from IBASSO

So See you next time,in 2016!!

Regards Crazy Nomax

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #12 of 28
Hello from the States,

Wonderful pictures, thank you for the view from Afar.

You seem to have a age spread in your group, not all 20-30 Year olds as is typical of here.

You even have Schiit & Chord stuff but mostly gear I don't quite recognize. 

Sennheiser is rather dominant in the States but I see plenty of other headphones with your lads. Schiit is everywhere at our Shows. 

I can read some of the Music labels but don't recognize any.  You even have CD players which are scarce if non existent in the States. And I see little Players aplenty. 

We don't seem to feature Spirits Consumption, at all, unlike you lucky folks, we should allow it here, we're still Tea-tottaling Puritans I suspect. 

Lovely Show, cozy even, windows open to get some fresh but everyone looks rather comfortable.

I think I like your show system a bit more than our typical meet style.   

Nice group, nice pictures, nice gear, happiness all-round. 

Maybe I miss Europe, a tiny bit. 

Tony in Michigan

Oct 21, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #13 of 28
  We made the head-fi frontpage :wink:

ooooh yesss! about time that this finally happened, another good reason to celebrate 
beerchug.gif

thanks to @plakat and @Edgar Kaksis for the pictures, they really manage to capture the spirit of the meet (pun intended!)

greetings to @tonykaz in michigan, glad you chimed in. yes it was a very cosy meet, it's good that we can still take the liberty of loosening some rules. besides, we got the location for free so we didn't need an entry fee. maybe you can take part some day when you visit europe :wink:

Oct 21, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #14 of 28

Great News, i am sure the next meet will be epic after the great response this time we had.
  We made the head-fi frontpage :wink:

Oct 21, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #15 of 28

Mr.bharat,

You probably don't quite realize that you are making history.  

5 Years from now, you'll look back at this and say something like "I was there at the beginning". 

Tony in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back