Video Test Again: Let me know how this looks and sounds
Apr 23, 2004 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
One more time; Check out this Video of my Buell X1 motorcycle. I have been editing and posting some of my videos and it takes a hella long time. I'm working mostly on the sound now so turn your speakers up and let me know if this sounds like a big healthy Harley Motor. I just finished assembling the top end so you should be able to hear the lifters rattleing a bit. I can't rev it much until everything breaks in but I blip the throttle to test the volume and stereo seperation. Again,I'm concerned mainly with the sound quality,most of my videos will be streaming,fast load Quicktime movies. I'm loading all my racing videos now and I'm editing them for content and working on the sound. These Mpeg4 vidoes suck for pic quality but the sound should be OK. I'll post my videos when I get them all edited and loaded. Big fun indeed.

Apr 23, 2004 at 11:03 PM Post #2 of 10
The video looks good & sounds good. Great bike you have there Fred
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2004 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 10
The video and audio is not that good.

It made me download an audio codec which wasn't installed by default. Checking up on the audio's spec it is G.726 32kb/s, 8kHz, Mono.

ASF is a windows format. Are you targetting windows users? If so using WMA for the audio is good. You could bump up to 96kbps, 16khz, stereo.

Apr 24, 2004 at 12:41 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
The video and audio is not that good.

It made me download an audio codec which wasn't installed by default. Checking up on the audio's spec it is G.726 32kb/s, 8kHz, Mono.

ASF is a windows format. Are you targetting windows users? If so using WMA for the audio is good. You could bump up to 96kbps, 16khz, stereo.

Thanks for the specific info,that's what I was looking for. I think I'm loading this at Stereo 96kbs but it is obviously not working right. back to the editing. This stuff ain't easy. I am using WMA but something is not working.

Apr 24, 2004 at 2:39 AM Post #5 of 10
Same issue as lan pointed out, i was forced to download a codec to watch the clip which was quite jittery (fps was kinda low eh?). I wanna see some racing clips man
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2004 at 2:44 AM Post #6 of 10
What program(s) are you using to make your videos?

Apr 24, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #7 of 10
Tube's, your video & sound quality is comparable to all streaming Quicktime movies that I have seen in the internet (although most of that is usually of the adult variety
very_evil_smiley.gif
). Making it even better would mean longer load times for people with slow connections (like me).

Apr 24, 2004 at 5:52 AM Post #8 of 10
Come on Tube, strap that camera to your helmet and let that baby rip down the street. I want to hear that hit top rpms!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
BTW, idle sounds great coming through my sub.

Apr 24, 2004 at 6:18 AM Post #9 of 10
I think I can improve the sound quality without causing slow load times. I'll post one of the Race car and you guys can let me know how long it takes to load and the sound quality.

BTW,I just spent big bucks on that motor in the bike(and both the cars) and I gotta break it in easy. I'm not supposed to rev it over 4000 RPMs. the old motor dynoed at 94 horsepower at the wheel. This new 99 inch Zipper's motor should make about 115 HP with the "mild" cams I'm using. I rode it around a bit after that pic and it's a monster. I can easily pull 3rd gear power wheelies and can smoke the tire endlessly right off idle without over-revving it. It was tough having two cars and the bike getting motors at the same time but I built the Buell's motor from a Zipper's kit which I "think" saved me a few thousand bucks. It went together fairly easily and my 10 year old son had a blast helping me put it all together.

Apr 24, 2004 at 8:27 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by tortie
Making it even better would mean longer load times for people with slow connections (like me).

Now, this may make me sound like a hypocrite, me having a 1mb connection etc, but I have to say that it loaded in literally 20 seconds... I'm sure that the quality could be increased say, by 50% (although I know NOTHING about video editing, so don't know how easy / hard that is to do), and not hit anyone too hard, even those on dial-up?

Afterall, if bikes are your thing, and with this one being rather... erm... racey(
biggrin.gif
)... i'm sure you'll not begrudge, even on dialup, an extra minute or two of download time?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back