Video of Steve Hoffman's lecture?
Dec 8, 2009 at 4:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

viper_45

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

Sorry if this is posted on the wrong forum but I was wondering if anyone had a link to the video of Steve Hoffman's lecture back in 2007(?) at the Can Jam.

Thanks.

Dec 8, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #2 of 9
As far as I can remember it was never put online. Copies of the DVD was distributed worldwide among Head-Fi members though.

Dec 8, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as I can remember it was never put online. Copies of the DVD was distributed worldwide among Head-Fi members though.

Thanks for letting me know. I remember watching it myself a while ago, so they must've changed their mind since originally posting it online. It's a shame; would seem like a good idea to share the video to promote both head-fi and steve's work.

Dec 8, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #6 of 9
It was available online and Sovkiller is the one who would know if his friend moved it elsewhere or just took it down eventually. Sorry.

Dec 8, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was available online and Sovkiller is the one who would know if his friend moved it elsewhere or just took it down eventually. Sorry.

Thanks for the information. I think I'll leave it for now. The reason I was looking for the video is because I'm having a discussion on another forum about how the mastering on compilation CDs are often done from tapes that have already been dynamically compressed whereas the original tapes are labelled "do not use" for some reason or another. I'm pretty sure Steve Hoffman mentioned this in his lecture.

Dec 8, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #8 of 9
I was one of the winners that got a copy of Mr. Hoffman's 2007 lecture; Head-Fi member Asr actually hand-delivered it to my father at our house.
tongue.gif

I do agree that this should be shared publicly online; perhaps during Winter Break or something, I'll find the time to upload it somewhere (I don't have a YouTube account).
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back