The Ultimate Video Game music website :
http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/view-all

icon10.gif

Apr 18, 2006 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 16
Video Game Music?

The best video game music I know is:

- Chrono Trigger Brink of Time Arrange
- Xenogears Creid Arrange
- A lot of Final Fantasy Albums (Celtic Moon, Dear Friends, etc...)
- Rockman 1-6 Collection (for an incredibly nice sounding oldschool feeling)
- Silent Hill Soundtracks
- Super Smash Bros Melee ~ Smashing Live! (orchestrated)
- Shenmue Orchestra Version
- Motoi Sakuraba's Stuff (Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean)
- Aka Original Soundtrack
and a lot more!

The best thing with a lot of game soundtracks is that they are recorded incredibly well. (I can only speak for the Japanese originals though)

Apr 19, 2006 at 2:30 AM Post #4 of 16
I'm all about the classics: Megaman, Castlevania, Dr. Mario. I'd like to hear more videogames create catchy upbeat tunes - with the sound capabilites of today's hardware and the old 8- and 16-bit sensibilities.

Then again, I lost most of my interest in videogames when I needed to own three systems just to get the obscure games I like more than twice a year:

Katamari Damacy (amazing soundtrack), Viewtiful Joe, Gradius V, Ikaruga, Metal Slug...

Apr 19, 2006 at 7:48 AM Post #6 of 16
I find that the Guilty Gear series has consistently good music, although Guilty Gear XX stands apart from the rest. I'm also quite fond of Parrappa the Rapper's soundtrack. The Silent Hill series was great as well, with number 3 being the best of the bunch IMO.

Apr 19, 2006 at 8:41 AM Post #7 of 16
Star Wars: KotOR I and II both had awesome scores, but then again, Star Wars usually does.

Halo - the main theme fits incredibly well, I love listening to this.

Apr 19, 2006 at 2:56 PM Post #8 of 16
If anyone has ever heard it, the theme to "Wild Arms" is one of the most incredible things I've ever heard

Apr 19, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #11 of 16
Oh yeah, and if anyone was smart enough to pick up the collector's edition of Warcraft 3- it included a soundtrack CD that was....awesome.

Apr 19, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty757
If anyone has ever heard it, the theme to "Wild Arms" is one of the most incredible things I've ever heard

Argh, I should be shot for forgetting this one. It's one of the most memorable theme songs I've ever heard, and definitely one of my favorites.

Apr 19, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyre
The infamous village theme from Diablo...

diablo_village.mp3

Yeah baby! That brings back some seriously freaky memories. I loved just chillin in the village to listen to the music. ROCK ON!

Apr 19, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #14 of 16
God of War had really good music. Shadow of the colossus too. Advent rising would have had very good music if it had been made right. And who can forget starcraft?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back