Video-Game Console-fi
Jul 27, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #76 of 122
At my most hardcore, I used to own pretty much any console you can name.  I've since let the hobby fall to the wayside and I'm more on the casual side of things now. (with detours... spent a good month getting the platinum trophy on Final Fantasy XIII)  Now pretty much all I need is my Pioneer Kuro -> Playstation 3 to reach gaming nirvana.  This is, of course, because PS3 plays PS1 games and therefore Vagrant Story. :wink:

Anyway, the only remaining relics from my collecting days are my Neo Geo systems. (the SNES and Genesis will never be parted with)  The local gaming shop wanted them but wouldn't offer much for them, so if anyone's interested please feel free to PM for details.

The Neo Geo CD is in perfect working order and in excellent cosmetic condition.  The AES (Gold) shows quite a bit of wear and I cannot locate the power brick, although it worked fine when I had it hooked up years ago.  Both are the US versions.  I was thinking about eBaying the whole package together touting the AES as a "bonus" since I cannot verify if it still works.

Oh, and my Xbox 360 gets absolutely no use.  If anyone's in the market for one, please PM me.

Aug 3, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #77 of 122
I have a PS3, PSP, and a NDS lite.

Honestly, ever since I got my PS3, i stopped playing on my NDS due to the.. lackluster graphics. Pokemon was the only thing that kept me going, and that can't keep me going forever.

I only got my PSP for niche games and RPG's. Also stopped playing after finishing games like Crisis Core and ect. It's covered with dust now, never found the multimedia feature of it useful, (I have an iTouch).

My PS3 kept me going until StarCraft II was introduced. Now it's just nonstop gaming with StarCraft and my i7 + HD 5850 combo. Life is good.

Aug 20, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #81 of 122
@Curly21029: you're going to think I am joking, but please do consider offering the legacy hardware to a library - people are only now beginning to archive gaming history. Examples are the Library of Congress trolling eBay (I kid you not), the Stanford University library and the UC San Diego campus buying consoles and games, etc. Eventually, some of the big developers are going to want to have their own archives or museums, too. Stands to reason: consider what photography, film, etc have in terms of curatorial attention and historical interest.

End of aside. From where I sit I see three Nintendo devices and one xbox360, and I've just installed MovieStorm on my computer (a kind of machinima-in-a-box software solution, free trial for two weeks).

Aug 21, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #82 of 122
PS3 60gb
PS3 slin 120 gb
Xbox 360 20gb
Xbox 360 HD-DVD player
Xbox 360s
Nintendo Wii (white)
Panasonic gamecube Q
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Saturn
PSone
Super Nintendo
PS2 slim
PS2
Xbox
Nintendo
gameboy
gameboy color (teal)
gameboy color (clear japan only)
gameboy advance (white)
Nintendo DS lite (pink)
Nintendo DSi (blue)
Sony PSP
I have about 150+ games for all of my consoles

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

before I had the Xbox 360s

IMG_0453.jpg

Aug 21, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #84 of 122

Quote:
PS3 60gb
PS3 slin 120 gb
Xbox 360 20gb
Xbox 360 HD-DVD player
Xbox 360s
Nintendo Wii (white)
Panasonic gamecube Q
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Saturn
PSone
Super Nintendo
PS2 slim
PS2
Xbox
Nintendo
gameboy
gameboy color (teal)
gameboy color (clear japan only)
gameboy advance (white)
Nintendo DS lite (pink)
Nintendo DSi (blue)
Sony PSP
I have about 150+ games for all of my consoles

too many consoles, not enough games :xf_eek:

it's cool that you have a panasonic gamecube q though, i haven't seen many of those

Aug 23, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #85 of 122

Quote:
too many consoles, not enough games :xf_eek:

it's cool that you have a panasonic gamecube q though, i haven't seen many of those

lol i don't really play games..
the last time i turned any of them on was like a week ago
and that was just to update my PS3 but my other consoles haven't
been been on for like a month or so :\
I bought starcraft 2 limited but haven't played that in like 2 weeks...

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #86 of 122
why are you buying new versions of the consoles if you don't plan on using them? lol

i sort of do the same thing, though. i buy a lot of games and i don't play any of em.  havent used my consoles in a few weeks to months :frowning2:

Aug 23, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #87 of 122
I collect games I guess the last ten or so games I bough I haven't opened
other than starcraft II

I though I had 150+
i counted and got to 225 give or take in case i miscounted.

Aug 23, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #88 of 122

Quote:
I collect games I guess the last ten or so games I bough I haven't opened
other than starcraft II

Why exactly do you collect them? Do you think that they'll go up in resale value?

Aug 23, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #90 of 122
Whatever floats your boat, a bunch of headphone enthusiasts can't exactly call you weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back