Video editing help
May 18, 2009 at 9:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MaZa

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok, here is what I have to do. A cousin of mine is getting married, and we have some excellent and funny videos from her childhood which would be shown with a speech (atleast thats a one plan for the show in their wedding party). They are already transferred to DVD luckily.

So, I have to rip them to my computer in a format that can be edited, (probaply raw format required? no idea) then cutting and pasting the wanted parts and then burning the final product to DVD again. This last part isnt a problem, I have a dvd authoring program and know how to use it.

But the first two parts are pretty much unknown to me. So any tutorials and easy-to-use programs would be so welcome.

May 19, 2009 at 11:18 AM Post #3 of 4
get hold of sony vegas, import the dvd file to into it, dvd video i think is a VOB file on the dvd disc.

cut up the video and get the bits you want (vegas has good built-in tutorials) then save it as a mpeg for dvd. burn to dvd.

May 19, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #4 of 4
Its a comercial software and AFAIK there is no trial version. Im hestitant to buy one just for this single project. Are there any free equivalents? Just a good program to convert DVD video to some editable format should be enough I guess. Forgot that Windows already has a some sort of Movie Maker program. It has cutting/pasting feature, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back