Video ads are insufferable!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #31 of 39
Your video ad's are crashing my browser (chrome) plus it would be nice if there volume was not always on..

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #32 of 39
  Your video ad's are crashing my browser (chrome) plus it would be nice if there volume was not always on..

I was having exactly the same problem, seems to be much better

Aug 22, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #35 of 39
FWIW - I'm currently running Adobe's version of Flash (w/Chrome's disabled) and have Adblock Plus installed. ABP is filtering these Auto-Play Video ads and also others (banners) from sight and sound and I can still play music videos, etc.

Anyone else getting a bunch of these video ads again?  I'm getting them constantly on every page I visit here now.

The ABP plug-in is still working for me...

Nov 16, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #37 of 39
StIll getting constant video ads, almost 80% of the time I reload any head-fi page. They don't have audio but they are still extremely annoying since I often browse this website over an RDP connection (which slows down the connection to an unusable level):

I would love to support the site by keeping my adblocker off but this prevents me. Or just provide a subscription option for $20 a year or whatever that we can use to avoid ads in a "guilt-free" manner.

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #38 of 39
StIll getting constant video ads, almost 80% of the time I reload any head-fi page. They don't have audio but they are still extremely annoying since I often browse this website over an RDP connection (which slows down the connection to an unusable level):

I would love to support the site by keeping my adblocker off but this prevents me. Or just provide a subscription option for $20 a year or whatever that we can use to avoid ads in a "guilt-free" manner.

Suppose it depends on your views but you can still support the site by buying from their sponsors (i.e. Sonic Electronix, RazorDog, etc.). They need to have a better way to deliver content from a performance impact perspective...until they do, ABP is my friend!

But then, I don't feel obligated to sit and watch a commercial during a football/basketball/etc. game either. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back