Victoria/Vancouver Shops?
Oct 30, 2007 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

devin_mm

1000+ Head-Fier
Well I've decided I need to go on vacation so I've decided to go to Victoria. Now the head-fier in me asks are there any places to buy headphones in Victoria or Vancouver?

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #2 of 6
Prices aren't very good, I'm afraid. But for eye candy, there's The Sound Room, Commercial Electronics and Hi-Fi Centre in Vancouver that I know of.

When are you coming? We have a Vancouver Meet going Nov 4th!

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #3 of 6
not until the 6th
frown.gif

I got all excited about the meet until I looked at the date.

Oct 30, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #4 of 6
Awwww.
frown.gif

That sucks - I guess you can come to the post-meet meet.
biggrin.gif
I'll still have my Darths, though it seems like my other two headphones will be sold by then.
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #5 of 6
I was in Victoria this summer and remember seeing a little vinyl shop that had some cans in the front window. It didn't look like they had a ton in the way of headphones, but they did have some. They had some great vinyl in there though, if that interests you. I couldn't give you an address or anything, but i remember it being right near the mall.

Oct 30, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #6 of 6
Come on over! I am in Victoria, and I actually did one of my degrees at the UofA. There is a store here, Sound Hounds on Pandora St. which is very similar to The Grammaphone on 109th. They have/had the full line up to the GS1000 although I haven't been there in a long time. Standard International Grado pricing, ie waaayyy over priced, SR80 for $175 kind of thing. My advice would be, if you are coming here from Ed. in the Fall/Winter then forget about headphones and enjoy our "California-like" winters and all the Victoria Tourist Crap you can handle. Oh, and go to John's Place for the best breakfast in town, Colin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back