Victor HA-FW10000: 10th Anniversary model
Jan 4, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #1,186 of 1,217
What's the overall signature in a nutshell? If stellar for jazz, is it a mids rich set? I've always been curious about this IEM as well.

Yes very good mids, quite lush but upper mids border harsh if not matched with the right music I'm finding so far - but I have read that this settles with burn-in. Huge stage, great technical capability in terms of detail retrieval - excellent timbre; strings, sax, piano etc sound absolutely wonderful. Good mid bass, doesn't extend too deep with sub but I think that's a positive in terms of the overall tuning.

Jan 4, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #1,187 of 1,217
Thanks for the observations. Sounds like a truly special IEM. Enjoy!

Feb 2, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #1,188 of 1,217
Fw10000 once again took gold at vgp 2023 in its price range!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230202_194502_com.opera.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20230202_194502_com.opera.browser.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 0
Feb 2, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #1,189 of 1,217
As it should! But isn't the FW10000 discontinued? I wonder what makes a product eligible for the VGP awards.

I'm also wondering why I haven't seen the Final A8000s featured the past few award cycles, even though it used to take the gold in its range and is still in production.

Feb 4, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #1,190 of 1,217
As it should! But isn't the FW10000 discontinued? I wonder what makes a product eligible for the VGP awards.

I'm also wondering why I haven't seen the Final A8000s featured the past few award cycles, even though it used to take the gold in its range and is still in production.
Seems they’re still available in Japan.

Feb 4, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #1,191 of 1,217
Oh yeah, looks like it is still in stock via the Victor store. I wonder if they're going through remaining stock or if they're still making them, since it was supposed to be somewhat limited and other vendors like Amazon JP, e-earphone, etc. seem to have stopped stocking it since a while ago.

Speaking of Victor and VGP awards, now the big brother Victor cans keep getting robbed of the gold in the full size closed back category by the Stellias. It's funny because in previous summer/year awards they were flipped, but for the last few the Focals got the gold. I've owned both and I can confidently say they should go back to the previous order.

Feb 5, 2023 at 3:24 AM Post #1,192 of 1,217
I bought my FW10000 from Amazon Japan only a few weeks ago, they still have stock now too - it of course could be just remaining stock they’ve to sell through. Showing 3 left at present, I think they had around 10 when I purchased.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 5, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #1,193 of 1,217
I bought my FW10000 from Amazon Japan only a few weeks ago, they still have stock now too - it of course could be just remaining stock they’ve to sell through. Showing 3 left at present, I think they had around 10 when I purchased.

Oh you're right, I guess they're selling relatively well still especially since there's a small discount (though not as good as when you could get them for ~150,000 yen without taxes when shipped abroad).

Feb 5, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #1,194 of 1,217
Oh you're right, I guess they're selling relatively well still especially since there's a small discount (though not as good as when you could get them for ~150,000 yen without taxes when shipped abroad).

They still have the FW1500 which I’ve since also purchased, adore them too! There was a great deal on Drop for the FW1800 international version but I had to have the Victor branding for sentimental/collectible reasons. I did buy the FWX1 however, curious to hear the slightly different tuning from Drop.

9C98A8DF-2B23-42AA-A862-340D0951CCD5.jpeg

Feb 5, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #1,195 of 1,217
Can you compare Fw10000 with Softears Turii Ti / Fir Audio KR5 / Sennheiser IE900 in few words?

Feb 7, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #1,196 of 1,217
They still have the FW1500 which I’ve since also purchased, adore them too! There was a great deal on Drop for the FW1800 international version but I had to have the Victor branding for sentimental/collectible reasons. I did buy the FWX1 however, curious to hear the slightly different tuning from Drop.

9C98A8DF-2B23-42AA-A862-340D0951CCD5.jpeg
Can you also compare Fw10000 with Fw-1500? Someone post in drop.com saying they both use same driver(not sure if it is true though).

Feb 8, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #1,197 of 1,217
Can you also compare Fw10000 with Fw-1500? Someone post in drop.com saying they both use same driver(not sure if it is true though).

The FW1500 is a much warmer set with an emphasis on bass - it again has wonderful timbre, but more dense or coloured versus a sharper/higher resolution on the FW10K - I love the contrast they offer for my library, the FW10K a more focused and maybe analytical listen, versus a more relaxed listen with the 1500. The relative brightness, clarity and resolution on FW10K also displays superior dynamics, imaging and layering on a larger stage, especially evident with genres such as classical in my experience so far.

Not sure if they have the same driver, but certainly sound very different.

Feb 8, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #1,198 of 1,217
The FW1500 is a much warmer set with an emphasis on bass - it again has wonderful timbre, but more dense or coloured versus a sharper/higher resolution on the FW10K - I love the contrast they offer for my library, the FW10K a more focused and maybe analytical listen, versus a more relaxed listen with the 1500. The relative brightness, clarity and resolution on FW10K also displays superior dynamics, imaging and layering on a larger stage, especially evident with genres such as classical in my experience so far.

Not sure if they have the same driver, but certainly sound very different.
Thanks for the comparison!

Mar 7, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #1,199 of 1,217
Oh yeah, looks like it is still in stock via the Victor store. I wonder if they're going through remaining stock or if they're still making them, since it was supposed to be somewhat limited and other vendors like Amazon JP, e-earphone, etc. seem to have stopped stocking it since a while ago.

Speaking of Victor and VGP awards, now the big brother Victor cans keep getting robbed of the gold in the full size closed back category by the Stellias. It's funny because in previous summer/year awards they were flipped, but for the last few the Focals got the gold. I've owned both and I can confidently say they should go back to the previous order.
same feeling here! i think the fw10000 is easily one of the best DD iems in the market. very few is comparable to it on sound quality despite the high price (aka dita perpetua, not that it's bad, just i like FWW much better). it's such a good value now when iem prices skyrocketed!

i also owned both the ha-wm90b and stellia. definitely i like the ha-wm90b beter. just the wm90b is not using wooden driver like FWW (if anyone cares) and it's priced slightly more than the stellia yet with less accessories (same for FWW with almost no accessories) . . .

Mar 8, 2023 at 1:52 AM Post #1,200 of 1,217
i also owned both the ha-wm90b and stellia. definitely i like the ha-wm90b beter. just the wm90b is not using wooden driver like FWW (if anyone cares) and it's priced slightly more than the stellia yet with less accessories (same for FWW with almost no accessories) . . .

Yeah the driver is neodymium, which is attached directly to that crazy water-submerged wood housing and that probably accounts for a good chunk of the high price. Not sure how much the properties of this wood contribute to the sound but it is unbeatable, they did an awesome job with it like they did with the FW10000 which kinda has a similar tuning and goes for the same feel though within the harsher constraints of an IEM (for example can't reach the feeling of "real" bass that the full sized cans can, but still the most pleasing bass I've heard from an IEM).

The accessories are definitely on the austere side. A single 3.5mm cable and the storage case. Then again you really don't need more than that unless your setup depends on balanced cables. I was able to get an official balanced cable from JVC but don't really feel the need to use it, just keeping it as a backup. Also love the fact they can be folded flat, super convenient and space saving. And I find them much more comfortable to wear all day long compared to the Stellias, but that may vary from head to head. So yeah I think it's not even a contest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back