Victor HA-FW10000: 10th Anniversary model
Oct 27, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #16 of 1,217
The HA FX850 are still, after many many other IEMs, one of my main used ones. So much so, that I bought a second used pair, just to have a spare. Then I bought into the HA FW01, and they are a step up. If the FW10000 continue the sound lineage of the 850 / 1200 / FW01 then I am in.

Tough to swallow the price, but the other woodies brought so much excitement to my music listening experience that I might just jump on it.

But how to order and get them.... hmmmm

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #17 of 1,217
Titanium body with stainless steel nozzle? The outer wooden casing looks more like decorative purposes. I wonder if they are going to sound more like the solid edge series than the previous woodies?

But wasn’t that always the case ?The outer wood was always decorative IMHO and the wood dome driver was the star of the show.

See here the diagram for the HA FW01:

upload_2018-10-27_21-16-44.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #18 of 1,217
But wasn’t that always the case ?The outer wood was always decorative IMHO and the wood dome driver was the star of the show.

See here the diagram for the HA FW01:

Yeah I guessed I forgot about that. Tried and owned a lot of IEMs and none approached this level of timbre, thick syrupy sweet mids with enough details (my prefered signature). Not even my full sized Eikon and LCD2c does female vocals as good as FW01. Try it with Sony WM1A with FW3.0 and Thor II cable. It's simply a match in heaven, IMHO.

This FW10000 has me drooling.

Oct 27, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #19 of 1,217
There is something about the bass decay of my FW-01, that sadly the larger brother, SW-01 could not even match. I can't afford the FW10000, but will certainly wouldn't hesitate to ask for my bank to increase my credit limit if the opportunity to buy one comes in the future.

Oct 27, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #20 of 1,217
Same here. The price is eye watering. Just like the girl in the FW10000's video.

But on the other hand, the price of current TOTLs are getting higher and higher. If the SQ of FW10000 can match or surpass other TOTLs (while retaining the house sound), I will gladly start saving or sell my kidney and buy one. In fact, I am happy that JVC are making serious effort to improve that sound signature that I love.

Oct 27, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #21 of 1,217
It certainly makes me wish that JVC would bring their stuff overseas and allow purchases with financing options. Audeze for example does this, which makes their merchandise an easier sell, as you don’t need to pay the full price upfront. I can for example go right now and order an LCDi4 for $208 per month. As it is now you have to buy Japanese goods at full price, and there are no returns or warranty.

Oh well. We’ll just have to own it the old fashioned way. In the mean time, I forward to getting the most out of my FW01.:L3000:

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #22 of 1,217
Same here. The price is eye watering. Just like the girl in the FW10000's video.

But on the other hand, the price of current TOTLs are getting higher and higher. If the SQ of FW10000 can match or surpass other TOTLs (while retaining the house sound), I will gladly start saving or sell my kidney and buy one. In fact, I am happy that JVC are making serious effort to improve that sound signature that I love.
They want to make sure this isn't JVC so to speak, but more of a rebirth of Victor brand, with the Victor engineering been at the centre of tunning this IEM using what JVC was about to find out about the wooden driver technology.

It certainly makes me wish that JVC would bring their stuff overseas and allow purchases with financing options. Audeze for example does this, which makes their merchandise an easier sell, as you don’t need to pay the full price upfront. I can for example go right now and order an LCDi4 for $208 per month. As it is now you have to buy Japanese goods at full price, and there are no returns or warranty.

Oh well. We’ll just have to own it the old fashioned way. In the mean time, I forward to getting the most out of my FW01.:L3000:
If it makes you feel any better they are working on three different IEM to be released next year, price, unknown,

Oct 28, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #23 of 1,217
I'll post some impressions via Twitter. Translations are via Google/ Bing translate. Original tweet is hyperlinked:

@Berylliumbutte said:
Today, I wanted you the most
It is # Victor HA - FW 10000.

It seems that the high end earphone of victor tilted over listening and it tended to be fascinated with a sound field with scale rather than resolution, but w10000 gives rich sound that compatible with resolution and sound field. It is good for orders of magnitude. The price is also orders of magnitude, but lol.
https://twitter.com/Berylliumbutte/status/1056168966278660097

Tweet replies:

@bunny0113 said:
High end of major victor!
It's a balance between resolution and sound field! The rich sound seems not to be thin, and it's a wonderful flagship ✨

@Berylliumbutte said:
Anyway the sound of a brass instrument is rich!
As I mentioned, some acoustic sounds were real and the lingering sounds were beautiful.

@cinealta0928 said:
Listening to HA-FW 10000 ~ (* 'ω `*)

First impression sounds fierce!
The sound will spread from the top to the bottom with a moisturizing sound ✨

The goodness of the connection of sound unique to dynamic one glows,
There is no sting of the high region which tends to be at all, it is a good impression!
https://twitter.com/cinealta0928/status/1056062233266991105

@schwarz_kaffee said:
HA - FW 10000 It was awfully impressive ... the representation of the string instruments is amazing, I want to have it for classical music etc. when listening
https://twitter.com/schwarz_kaffee/status/1056106940969869313

@Timelover0615 said:
JVC ha-fw10000
One of the main models, the feeling of wearing is good. The sound quality is "what's this really good" word. I hear that the wood casing is easy to express warmth, but the high frequency is a sharp impression even if it does not go to the place where it sticks. The vocal is in harmony with the sound of the instrument though it comes to the front and must hear! #hpfes
https://twitter.com/Timelover0615/status/1056102962840236032

@skl9389 said:
The most favorite thing I listened to this time was ha-fw10000
I wanted it for a long time.
Honestly, after listening to this, I feel that any earphones don't matter. I have to buy it normally.
https://twitter.com/sk19389/status/1056112868066680832

If it makes you feel any better they are working on three different IEM to be released next year, price, unknown,

3 already? Well I'm interested to see what they come up with.

Oct 29, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #25 of 1,217
I look up to twitter. Japanese give very hyped impression on HA-FW10000. This is pretty rare case for Japanese audio Hobbyists. All their impression make me feel wanna trail-listen it. :persevere:

Oct 30, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #29 of 1,217
Register, I am a die hard Fan of the Wood series (FX1200,which I like even more than K10, FW01 a very good price/ performance wise earphones and then these FW10000 cannt wait to listen to them , greattt

Nov 12, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #30 of 1,217
After FW10000 was revealed at PortaFes last month, it gets high praise from japanese people. It could be called "Hype-Tsunami" now at Twitter. I search text 'FW10000' at Twitter to check feedbacks. Many likes it a lot. Even some said for about 170K yen, it is still cheap for its SQ. Anyway, the first batch is already out-of stock within about 2-hours. The second batch will be restocked by the late January 2019. Therefore anybody who plans to travel Japan in this Christmas, you can't get JVC HA-FW10000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back