Vibration Gaming Headset?
Apr 16, 2010 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

powerarron

New Head-Fier
I’ve watched a video clip on YouTube showing that ASUS has launched a gaming headset with force feedback function. But to tell the truth, I can’t see how the headset “vibrated” when the reporter used it from the video. Could any of you know how it works? Or could anyone recommend similar vibration headsets to me? Indeed I enjoy playing FPS games and action movies very much, so I’m really interested in this concept, thx.

Also mention that I’ve google this product (Cinevibe) and surprisingly found that it is “top 10 cool gadget in Cebit.” If you too are interested in the concept, you can go for the video clip on YouTube: YouTube - GameInside - CeBit 2010 Messe Bericht - ASUS CineVibe Preview

Thank you for sharing ideas in advance.

Apr 16, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #2 of 5
The Vibration is just marketing IMO all that really doing it is the bass driver most likey.

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 5
I have a vibrating gaming headset made a few years ago that I got from Woot.

Mine does what genclaymore guessed; it uses the vibration to accentuate the low frequencies. It's not bad at what it tries to do, and the vibration is adjustable, so it doesn't shake your head till you're dizzy, unless that's what you want. The sound quality isn't great, but it's good enough.

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #4 of 5
Interesting… It seems ASUS jumps into audio peripheral market now. Vibration function could be a great topic-creator since I haven’t seen any big brand add vibration function in.

I think I would give it a try, but…the question is WHEN this rig would be launched?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back