Vibration Bass
Aug 22, 2011 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

1212magicman

New Head-Fier
I use DJ1 Ultrasone headphones (HFI-580) with a DSS Dolby Digital 7.1 amp. I really like the surround sound, but I want more bass. I really like quality so I don't want to kill the frequency balance.

So I've decided to get some sort of subwoofer. One that Is in a chair or something. I don't want it to produce sound, ONLY want it to produce vibration from bass notes. Is there anything that exists that could do this? Because I want to watch anime and movies without waking anyone up, but I also want the vibrations from bass, just not the sound. Any ideas?

Aug 22, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
I use DJ1 Ultrasone headphones (HFI-580) with a DSS Dolby Digital 7.1 amp. I really like the surround sound, but I want more bass. I really like quality so I don't want to kill the frequency balance.

So I've decided to get some sort of subwoofer. One that Is in a chair or something. I don't want it to produce sound, ONLY want it to produce vibration from bass notes. Is there anything that exists that could do this? Because I want to watch anime and movies without waking anyone up, but I also want the vibrations from bass, just not the sound. Any ideas?

Buy a pair of Skullcandy Skullcrushers, use a splitter to drive them along with your Ultrasone, and sit on them 
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
Bass is sound, not vibration.  Viscal impact only happens when the spl of that bass is high, which means the actual volume would have to be high.  You're after just a vibrator, and not a subwoofer.

deadhorse.gif
L3000.gif
Wow, i think the OP shall go on craigslist, but two car woofers, and duct tape them to his head. Very bassy sound for a youngster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back