Vibezbeater ? Help me replace my flac player
Jun 15, 2008 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

utilisateur

100+ Head-Fier
Recently, my Vibez has been crapping out, what started out as tiny hangups has now rendered the player useless

I was quite happy with its sound quality,
the interface is a little quirky,[size=xx-small] if you accidentaly press the wheel while truning it you switch from volume adjustment to other options and have to wait a few seconds before you can readjust the volume, but since i got the headsix this was irelevant..[/size]
Now i'm not sure i want to keep it, i think a flash player would be better but i dont want to sacrifice sound quality although i hope there is still better than the Vibez out there, my old D-131 beats the Vibez by far ime
and i need the ability to playback flacs and line in recording aswell. This feature didnt realy convince me on the vibez, very noisy, and the lack of attenuation and real level indication in line in mode was a pain
  1. equal or better soundquality into Headsix than Vibez (a little more detail might be nice..)
  2. Flac support
  3. Usable recording function (stereo line in,high bitrate/uncompressed, low noise...)

the only players i know of are Cowon D2,iAudio 7,[size=xx-small]Samsung P2[/size],[size=xx-small]iRiver E100[/size]..

Jun 15, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #2 of 3
I'd suggest the Cowon D2, I didn't think the P2 had line-in recording (I could be mistaken), and the e100 has gotten pretty mediocre reviews. Both the iAudio 7 and D2 have line-in recording, FLAC support and great sound quality, but I believe the i7 only encodes recording at a maximum bitrate of 128kbps, while the max for the D2 is 256kbps (both use WMA, unfortunately).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back