Vibez 12 GB & 8 GB
May 9, 2010 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

willytheg

New Head-Fier
Noticed that there were some other thread re: Trekstor's Vibez. I didn't see anything that addressed my particular situation but who knows. I liked the Vibez so much whe I first saw them that I ignored some obvious shortcomings. I think the fact that they came w/Sennheiser headphones along with an anti-iPod bias may have blinded me.

I know have two Vibez(s) 1 8GB & 1 12 GB that have stopped working. I have downloaded Trekstor's utility and it can't even detect the device (that's not uncommon, Philips has a similar device but since it can't detect my out of service PMC7230, it doesn't help. All of the aforementioned devices are past the 1 year warranty.

I'm really cheesed at Trekstor, though, since they won't answer emails and I don't feel like making overseas calls.

The Vivez has a problem similar to another poster in that it shows as completely charged from my PC but when disconnected shows no charge. Both devices worked okay until I started using Windows 7 64 bit OS-I don't know how coincidental that is. The first sign of trouble was getting error messages about every track on device, I connected the device to my PC and started deleting files. Pretty soon after that my PC stopped being able to detect the device when connected.

I really can't believe that I could have been that wrong about Trekstor even though I had earlier problems w/much cheaper iBeat.

Advice & suggestions welcome
wgs

May 9, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #3 of 4
If I remember correctly, those are hard-drive based players. Most likely hard drives need to be replaced, you "possibly" can use Compact Flash Card (True IDE). Look at prices of CF card (if only you are sure they can work), they are expensive. http://www.delkin.com/products/memorycards/cf/
P.S. Did Trekstor's flash memory players ever make to the market?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back