Via Envy24 family driver issues....
Jan 7, 2008 at 5:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ayso78

100+ Head-Fier
I basically just f'd up parents' PC, so I need to fix it before school starts. It all started w/my attempt to install a Geniatech USB TV stick, but that didn't go too well either due to flaky drivers and/or flaky USB ports.

For some reason, the sound got corrupted. The v5.00b drivers wouldn't uninstall through XP's add/remove programs, so I uninstalled through device manager instead. Then I tried installing v5.20b, which resulted in BSODs. I finally thought I solved the problems by using drivercleaner, and was able to reinstall v5.00b but now the mixer icon doesn't show up in the system tray (although task manager shows enmixcpl.exe as running).

I looked through the Chaintech setup thread (and noticed I'm not the only one experiencing BSODs, but didn't really find a solution). I'm not using the Wolfson DAC and was wondering if anyone has any advice for what should really be a simple fix that is unfortunately driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance

Jan 7, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #2 of 3
Checking device manager again, the sound card shows up as a generic multimedia audio controller, so it seems the drivers still haven't been installed properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back