Very sporadic portable audio use?
May 15, 2005 at 3:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

majid

500+ Head-Fier
I have an iPod 3G 15GB model (an upgrade from the original 1st-gen model, so I could play Apple lossless encoded music), but almost the only time I use it is when I am travelling by air, with a pair of ER-4P to block out engine noise and vapid public service announcements. For some reason, I don't feel a compulsion to don headphones in my day-to-day life, even though I often have to wait for public transit. The fact the iPod doesn't hold a charge for more than a couple of days probably doesn't help.

As far as I am concerned, paying a couple hundred dollars to make the dozen flights a year I take more bearable is more than worth it, but I was wondering how many others are in the same boat as me, with very occasional use of their portable music players.

May 15, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #2 of 2
Not I. My iPod is used on buses and trams (oh that Muni) or my car for daily commute, at work during non-phone times every few days and occasionally in bed if I'm reading and trying to keep the volume low (so no speakers). I also use it for audiobooks if going for walks every few days.

If it was only for a few flights a year, I'd start probably stick to books, but if I wanted a gadget it would probably be a laptop or $200 portable DVD player for flicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back