Very small IEMs for small ears?
Apr 26, 2022 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Tompie913

New Head-Fier
I've been trying out a number of IEMs and am finding that most do not fit my ears very well. They tend to either have a shell that hits against my outer ear, quickly becoming uncomfortable, or too shallow insertion depth for which I can't seem to find any tip size that works, or usually both.

The only two IEMs that I've tried that fit me well are the Moondrop SSR/SSP, and Etymotics ER series. Both have tiny shells and deep insertion depth. Are there any other IEMs that meet that criteria?

Apr 26, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #2 of 15
Final Audio E4000 & E5000

Apr 26, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 15
Tin T2+ is pretty small if you're looking for budget DDs. Rose QT9 MK2/MK2S for a hybrid.

Rose probably makes the smallest multi-driver IEMs out there. The Mini2 I mentioned looks to have a pretty clean and flat frequency response. I’ve never heard them but I’ve been intrigued by them for a while.

Another choice to consider is the Etymotic ER line. They’re super small. Barely bigger than the BA driver itself. But they’re also typically pretty technical and bright, so some may not like them. The deep insertion tips aren’t for everyone either.

Apr 26, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #6 of 15
Sony MH750. Tiny, ultra cheap, hardwired cable (but you can afford replacements if you like them). Beware: they are widely counterfeited and probably worthless if you don't have a trustworthy source.

I got real ones from this seller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/352537526219
Other Head-Fi people have said this seller is also reliable: https://www.ebay.com/itm/304069747002?var=603209045217

You can pop them open with a fingernail or a screwdriver and look for two solder dots alongside the connectors. There are Head-Fi threads with photos of genuine ones.

Also tiny, but 20x-30x pricier: Sennheiser IE300. They are bass boosted without muddying the higher frequencies. Unfortunately the chord is very microphonic and just about proprietary, so they're only good if you're not in motion.

Apr 26, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 15
I've been trying out a number of IEMs and am finding that most do not fit my ears very well. They tend to either have a shell that hits against my outer ear, quickly becoming uncomfortable, or too shallow insertion depth for which I can't seem to find any tip size that works, or usually both.

The only two IEMs that I've tried that fit me well are the Moondrop SSR/SSP, and Etymotics ER series. Both have tiny shells and deep insertion depth. Are there any other IEMs that meet that criteria?
Important question: What is your budget?

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #8 of 15
Important quest: What is your budget?
I'm not necessarily looking for anything immediately. Between my Moondrop SSP and Ety ER3SE, plus my full size HD6XX and HE4XX, I feel pretty well covered right now. I just want to be aware of the options so that I can research and possibly buy at some point in the future. I'd consider anything under $200.

Tin T2+ is pretty small if you're looking for budget DDs. Rose QT9 MK2/MK2S for a hybrid.

I have the T2+ but I never use them. Size is okay but I can never seem to get them to keep a seal for more than a few minutes.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #9 of 15
I'm not necessarily looking for anything immediately. Between my Moondrop SSP and Ety ER3SE, plus my full size HD6XX and HE4XX, I feel pretty well covered right now. I just want to be aware of the options so that I can research and possibly buy at some point in the future. I'd consider anything under $200.

I have the T2+ but I never use them. Size is okay but I can never seem to get them to keep a seal for more than a few minutes.
Klipsch X20 is very small and has deep insertion! Sennheiser IE600,800 or 900 as well…

Apr 30, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #11 of 15
Kbear Neon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back