Very simple itune/shuffle problem I can’t figure out- need your assistance
Jun 19, 2007 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jumpinjohn1234

500+ Head-Fier
I have a 2nd Gen Ipod shuffle I got recently. I have a PC (which I don’t think matters) and I use itunes to handle all my songs on my shuffle. I drag and drop my songs from itunes into my shuffle device to get songs onto it. However what kills me is, I somehow cant arrange the songs in my shuffle. I click on the songs and drag and drop them to different places or order within the songs displayed that are currently on my ipod shuffle. I’ve tried creating a separate play list on itunes, then “drag and drop” the playlist into my shuffle. I still don’t get the order I want for my songs. Any idea on how to get the songs on my shuffle in the order I want them to be in?

Thanks!

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #2 of 6
I don't think that's possible...you could arrange by Album, Artists, etc.

But not your way.

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #3 of 6
You can with MediaMonkey! BTW: Lol, I may be wrong but...isn't a shuffle named that for that reason (I'm not being a jerk
tongue.gif
)

Jun 19, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 6
click on the blank column heading above the numbers on the left (sorts by the order they are in the shuffle's playlist). then you should be able to put the songs in the order you want.

Jun 19, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
click on the blank column heading above the numbers on the left (sorts by the order they are in the shuffle's playlist). then you should be able to put the songs in the order you want.

X2

This is confusing, I agree. If you are sorting by title or genre or something, you cannot rearrange them. However, the numbers on the left are always 1 through whatever rather than "sticking" with their actual order, if that makes sense. So, you have to sort by the number column to rearrange them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back