very simple hd590 questions
Jan 20, 2003 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

cosmo

Head-Fier
I have a quick question about my HD590s. I read that the cord can be replaced...how is it removed? Is it just pulled out? Or just screwed out?

Also, I see on the sennheiser site taht you can buy replacement ear cusions with discs. What are the discs? are they the flat cloth covering over the speaker? How are these removed?

Thanks!

Jan 20, 2003 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 10
Just pull it - it plugs in and out like a headphone jack.

Jan 21, 2003 at 1:03 AM Post #4 of 10
I have yet to remove the velvet pads; why would you ever want to? They are the most comfortable things I've ever had the pleasure of giving to my ears. It's like my ears are plants and the pads continuously water them. It's wonderful.

But yes, the vads do come off and can be replaced with whatever replacements they have available, though I'm not the right person to ask about this since I never intend to even think about replacing them. =)

Jan 21, 2003 at 1:08 AM Post #5 of 10
Yes the headphone pads pull right out. There snap on. I pulled them out following the instructions/diagram and I got scared for a second. But the snaped back in, you just have to push around the inside edges a little. Real easy.

The discs... I'm asuming there the cloth things that cover the drivers. The little of cloth under the ear cusions.

The dark black ear pads are on the side. I'll take some photos right now.

Jan 21, 2003 at 1:34 AM Post #6 of 10
Hope these photos help.
Pic #1
PICT0385.JPG

Pic #2
PICT0384.JPG

Jan 21, 2003 at 3:05 AM Post #7 of 10
Wow, thanks for taking the pictures for me! I get it now!

One last question...on the sennheiser site they also sell replacement headband pads...do these also snap in and out just like the other parts?

Thanks!

PS the only reason I would replace these is if they get way too dusty, or if they get cut by accident. Otherwise, these have to be the most confortable headphones available!

Jan 21, 2003 at 3:11 AM Post #8 of 10
I blelive that they replacements are the same. They are just incase the ones that come with the phones get worn out or damaged. I've heard that the head band pad is also replaceable. I don't know yet.

Jan 21, 2003 at 3:19 AM Post #9 of 10
I don't know if the headband part is replaceable, when you said that I ran to my room, got my headphones and checked. I looked and pulled a little, although I didn't use much pressure, I didn't want to damage them by trying to rip off the headband pad. It's possible though. I'm to scared to find out.

As for the replacement pads also being snap-in-able, they are just like the originals. Nothing differn't. Your just buying the pads alone for replacement reasons.

Same goes with the cable, and it's just like a two way headphone plug. Just one end is a little smaller.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back