Very loud humming coming from the Xonar DGX?
Dec 26, 2012 at 1:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Anjon

New Head-Fier
I recently bought a Xonar DGX soundcard to accompany my Sennheiser 558s, and they seemed to be working well for the most part, but now the DGX is emitting a strong, constant humming sound. I don't think it was there for the first few hours or so of testing, because it's so loud that I can't focus on any other sounds from it. It gets stronger in Pro-Gaming and Exciter modes, and I thought it was the headphones at first, but it comes through in speakers as well. I don't have any extra devices attached to neither the DGX nor the Sennheisers. Is there a way for me to fix this?

Dec 26, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
but it comes through in speakers as well. I don't have any extra devices attached to neither the DGX nor the Sennheisers.

Do you have active speakers or a speaker amplifier connected to the sound card ?

Dec 26, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Do you have active speakers or a speaker amplifier connected to the sound card ?

The only thing I have connected to the card is the Sennheiser 558s.

Edit: Well this is strange. I had done a little research and was preparing to order a ground loop isolator from Amazon. I wasn't sure whether it would solve the problem or not, since most of the situations that require it deal with a multitude of connections and wires. On a whim, I decided to restart my PC to see if the hum would stick around, and sure enough it's completely gone as of right now. I guess this could be either good or bad as on one hand the hum is gone, but on the other hand it might be temporary and I have no idea what initially caused it in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back