Very impressed with the Audioengine A2's!
May 27, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #16 of 22
I agree 100% that they are excellent pc speakers. I occasionally watch a movie on my computer and they shine there too. For the price I was WAY impressed with them.

May 31, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #17 of 22
I bought one of the first pair of A2 stands and, in my system, I consider them mandatory. A very nice improvement indeed.

As to the A2s, mine have been absolutely reliable.

A wonderful speaker, at a nice price.

May 31, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by falang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Must have jinxed myself as my 2nd pair of A2s have just died.

I guess the power bar fried (power bar light does not come on).

Anyone else having these issues? Brutal.

My power bar fried after a couple of years. I called Audio Engine and they shipped me a new one pretty quick.

Jun 3, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought the A2's for my girlfriend and the A5's for myself for as our computer speakers. They are great indeed for the money and very enjoyable. I agree with warpdriver that its a musical speaker, not an accurate one, which is what I prefer, cause it gets the toes tapping
smily_headphones1.gif

Another good thing with the A2's is that it has RCA inputs while the A5 only has 1/8 input. Kind of a stupid decision but hey..

Since you have both the A2s and the A5s, could you comment on the performance difference? Worth it? I think I read on some review site that the A2s sounded better. I don't so much mind paying more if there's a significant performance increase, but I also wouldn't mind the smaller footprint of the A2s either.

Jun 7, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by falang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Update:

Yup, it was the power bar. The dealer here in HK gave me a new power bar and now they're working fine now. At least it wasn't the amp or the speakers.

Hopefully this one will last.

hi
mine fried as well
just make sure u dont hv the power bar connected to the socket before you connect the socket cable to the power bar cuz that would fry it!!
darthsmile.gif

also make sure u dont mistakenly unplug the power cable from the speaker when you are connected to the socket cuz that will fry the speaker up!!!!
wink.gif

Jun 11, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #22 of 22
Hmmm. I have a pair of A2's. For a true PC 2.0 setup, they probably can't be beat. But they just don't have bass delivery for music...their just too small for that. So, after about three weeks I purchased a Blue Sky EXO 2.1. The satellites are about about the same size as the A2's, but the system comes with a subwoofer that measures about 1ft square. What a difference it makes....day and night. Extremely impressive for not much more than the A2's. I can listen to the EXO as a true near-field, nearly full frequency response stereo system. The A2's, while top notch, just don't deliver exciting sound, at least to my expectations. I have an Auzentech X-Meridian card, and had to do some pretty extreme equalization to get the sound half-way acceptable. Blue Sky is a very well thought out 2.1 system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back