Very good iRiver experience
Sep 29, 2007 at 3:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DennyL

100+ Head-Fier
One of my H140s stopped working, and I after a time of wondering what to do about it I finally sent it to iRiver Europe for repair.

When I spoke to their Customer Service Dept they told me that they would quote for the repair and I would have the option of buying a reburbished one for €239.

Well, the unit, which I had Rockboxed, has been returned to me within two weeks repaired for no charge, and they had to ship it back to me in the UK from Germany. Very good service, I thought.

Sep 29, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do iriver have an international warranty?

seems so if the OP's post is anything to go by

Sep 29, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #4 of 8
That's great news! Did you have to give them a receipt of the original transaction or some warranty cards? Or did you just sent them the unit and got that covered by iRiver?

Sep 30, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
seems so if the OP's post is anything to go by

This was not a warranty repair, and I was expecting to have to pay for it. It came back with Rockbox and all my data intact, too.

Sep 30, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
239 euros seems an awful lot for an old refurb 40gb player!

Look at the prices used ones go for on Ebay! These iRivers are very sought after because they are the only player with optical out, and they can be Rockboxed and used to play FLACs.

For example:- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IRIVER-IHP-140...QQcmdZViewItem

£179.50 = €257!

I assume that the refurbs have some sort of warranty, I don't know about the remote and accessories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back