VERY easy 325i mod. (and maybe also for other Grados)
Oct 7, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HI,
Another small add-on.
I found that the cups of the 325i (with extra weight from the mod) were a bit heavy and tended to sag.
So I made another (very easy of course) mod to remedy that.
Pics tell it all:

I used hooks used for hanging pictures on nylonn wires.
attachment.php

I just sawed off the hooks and put the remaining tube plus thumb screw over the rods of the headphones (I removed the rod and glued it back on, but you can try to remove the top)

After that it looks like this:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Overview:
(The screw on the right cup is swiveled inwards, but you can just turn them around of course)
attachment.php

By the way: this does not prevent the cups from swiveling!

very nice, !!! - any links as to where to get those hooks/screw? - i would gladly buy those they look about right

Oct 7, 2007 at 2:06 PM Post #17 of 33
Anybody tried the rubber rings on any of the plastic Grado's ?

Or is it just for the 325's ?

Edit- Ignore me, Just looked at my 225's and the back does not stick out like the 325 so you would not get the band on !!!!

Oct 7, 2007 at 2:11 PM Post #18 of 33
If the housing is the same size then theoretically it should work for all Grados, but depending on the diameter of the ring, I'd be careful with the plastic models so as to not risk deforming the cups in any way.

Oct 7, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #19 of 33
But I also wonder if it would have any effect to sound on plastic grados, and especially woodies. I understand that aluminum ones could affect greatly as metal is very echoing material, but what about plastic?

Oct 8, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very nice, !!! - any links as to where to get those hooks/screw? - i would gladly buy those they look about right

x2 i would love to find a pair of those hooks, maybe lowes hardware isle?

Oct 9, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #24 of 33
Can you get a picture with a different view of what these picture hooks in action? I'm still a little confused as to how they work...

Nov 7, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #25 of 33
I tried the bevelled ones like Cake and am totally happy now with the 325i's. The bass is even better than with the overhead projector strips I had wrapped around the bowls as per your basshead mod. I don't even need the basshead mod now; it's detailed and powerfull enough as is.

I'm also hoping you'll provide more info on those hooks (like where to buy). Cheers. Thanks.

Nov 7, 2007 at 9:00 AM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by dimm0k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you get a picture with a different view of what these picture hooks in action? I'm still a little confused as to how they work...

The hooks are part of a rail-system where you can hang paintings on the wall using a rail and wires.
Here is a link to a picture (of the specific hook I used) on the manufacturer's site.
I don't know where you can buy them on-line. I bought them locally in a shop, this system is widely available here in hardware shops, decorating shops and such.
If you really want them I can find some for you and send them over.

Nov 9, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The hooks are part of a rail-system where you can hang paintings on the wall using a rail and wires.
Here is a link to a picture (of the specific hook I used) on the manufacturer's site.
I don't know where you can buy them on-line. I bought them locally in a shop, this system is widely available here in hardware shops, decorating shops and such.
If you really want them I can find some for you and send them over.

If you can get me a pair of them I'd pay for them and shipping.

Feb 20, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #30 of 33
+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back