Very cool IHP car mount and stand alone holder-DIY
Jan 31, 2004 at 5:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sweet Spot

1000+ Head-Fier
I thought that this post over at the mistic river forums truly deserved a looksy over here...This guy always does some cool stuff. He was inspired by the iPod's stand which costs $15, and he pretty much did it for nothing. I think the projects are very easy if one has the will to do this stuff.

Cool IHP car mount and stand alone holder

P.S. Here's the original for the iPod

pod holder

Jan 31, 2004 at 5:38 AM Post #2 of 5
Wow -- that is cool. I don't have a HD player yet, but when I get one I'm going to want to mount it in my car. That is a cool solution.

I'll have to check out that PVC board -- that looks like a great material.

Jan 31, 2004 at 5:39 AM Post #3 of 5
Man, that does look really nice. I especially like this one:
IMG_1054.JPG

I'm sure that if he sold those for like 10-20$, lots of people would buy them, they look very professional.

This all makes me want to get an ihp-120 more and more.

dj_digital

Jan 31, 2004 at 6:01 AM Post #4 of 5
I guess he could sell them, but the whole point of the post was to show that it's NOT NECESSARY to pay for such a thing when you can make it yourself very easily. Hence the iPod holder link...they sell theirs for $15. Not rocket science. Just some PVC material easily obtained from Home depot, and a heat gun to bend the PVC into whatever shape you see fit. The material is cheap, so experimenting with different shapes is a good idea. The only thing that most of us can't get our hands on, is the tool he used to get the Iriver logo...But I'm sure if one looked hard enough, they'd be able to whip something up that's just as spiffy.

Jan 31, 2004 at 7:46 AM Post #5 of 5
That almost looks like it could be tried using Kydex.
Maybe someone here could get t a sheet and experiment.
(me not knowing one thing about fabricating such a high tech material)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back