Very confused on IEMs Need Help
Feb 5, 2012 at 7:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Boombastic88

Head-Fier
Okay so I know I just posted a thread asking about IEMs but I've done more research since then and I have more questions. I'm still considering the Shure SE425 but I'm also now considering the Sennheiser IE7, which I can get for an unbelievable $100 from Best Buy. The thing I'm unsure about is the mid range on both of these headphones. I've officially fallen in love with the mids on my modded Sennheiser HD428 so I wanted a forward midrange in the IEMs that I buy. I also own the Klipsch Image S4(which I'm modding and will post a thread of soon). I know the mids are somewhat recessed so I wanted much more forward mids. So would the Sennheisers or Shures deliver an overall better performance with nice mids? Thanks!

Feb 5, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #2 of 9
The S4 is generally bass heavy and I'm sure that both the IE7 and the SE425 will deliver a much better performance than your current IEM. The IE7 has the typical Sennheiser laid back signature as well as the infamous veil. SE425 on the other hand have more of a neutral presentation and have slightly forward beautiful mids.

Feb 5, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #4 of 9
It really depends what you're looking for. If you like mids, I suggest you take a look at Shure IEMs. 
smile.gif

Feb 5, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #6 of 9
SE425 is rather cold, neutral and analytical (stage use) while the SE215 is coloured, fun and is more suited for pleasure listening. Read reviews on the SE215 to find out more about it. 

Feb 5, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #7 of 9
The IE7 would be a better choice for you. The midrange is nice, the soundstage is large, and it's a great all-rounder. It's a good value at $100. If you have the option to buy both the SE215 and the IE7, see if you can spring for both and return the one you don't like.

Feb 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #8 of 9
The Sennheiser IE7 has better midrange clarity and overall more precise, crisp clear soundsignature with good punchy bass and soundstage is wider(fun to listen pop, rock genres and it shows hidden details in music, also better than SE215). The Etymotic HF5 (highly recommended) are very detailed in mids like highend universal IEMs and offers clean extended highs and good bass response with great imaging, instruments separation.

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #9 of 9
So I just got back from a church retreat and I had the chance to try the Westone UM2 that the lead singer was using. Overall, i thought it had a nice sound signature and the detail was phenominal, but there was no highs and it almost sounded distorted in a way sometimes. It might have been that pair because I used another bande's um2's and they had more highs and a less distorted sound, but not as rich as the others. Overall, it was like I was listening to my music for the first time and it made me not really want to listen to my Klipsch image s4. lol So I was wondering if the headphones I listed had the detail of the UM2's because that's what mainly grabbed my attention. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back